I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Re: The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Matchmaking - Issues

Aug 7, 2014

Seems better today. A 20 minute wait translates into a game found. I hang on till I can and then again the ordeal. However, seems better than yesterday.

I really hope you're not planning to make us wait like this and its my weekend ffs! Smiley Sad

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 281 of 390 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Our programmers are working extremely hard on a patch that should help with matchmaking times significantly. This is not a simple fix or something that can be fixed through a live update. They are completely re-writing some very complex code that has to be implemented into a patch which takes time to test and go through submission. We are working as fast as possible to get this patch out to you guys so I want to thank you all ahead of time for being patient.  I'll update you guys as soon as I learn about a timeline for release. Thanks.

Message 282 of 390 (642 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Aug 7, 2014

MacGruber310 wrote:

Our programmers are working extremely hard on a patch that should help with matchmaking times significantly. This is not a simple fix or something that can be fixed through a live update. They are completely re-writing some very complex code that has to be implemented into a patch which takes time to test and go through submission. We are working as fast as possible to get this patch out to you guys so I want to thank you all ahead of time for being patient.  I'll update you guys as soon as I learn about a timeline for release. Thanks.

Well that's at least something. Now I know that unless I see an actual download update prompt the matchmaking problem still exists. Hopefully this might get rolled out over the weekend but thats me being optimistic.

Message 283 of 390 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Aug 7, 2014

lol patient he says.

anyways, thanks for being a human being and telling us what is happening.

Much love

The Last of Us Remastered:
10/10 IGN
95% Metacritic
 photo the_last_of_us___sign_by_nardii-d69784h.png
Message 284 of 390 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3191 posts

Aug 7, 2014

@MacGruber310  "I'll update you guys as soon as I learn about a timeline for release. Thanks."

Thank you for at least keeping us informed of the progress/lack of progress. Very glad that you are not taking all our frustration personally.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 285 of 390 (1,086 Views)
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Alright then. Guess that's all I needed. Will wait for an update.

Cheers!~

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 286 of 390 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Thanks for the heads up MacGruber310. Robot Happy

Just hope for the multiplayers sake that the patch will make it through quick enough to keep players on it.

Message 287 of 390 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 7, 2014
Ive been having the same problem since i got the game sunday but yesterday Wednesday at night i seemed to find rooms much quicker. Instead of waiting 20-30min or not finding a room at all. It takes usually now up to 5min. Not sure if i just got a lucky break or if they had a small temporary fix. Hopefully the patch comes soon so there's barely any waiting time. I love this game.
Message 288 of 390 (981 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3191 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Update 1.01.012

Still taking forever to connect to a match.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 289 of 390 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 7, 2014
I think we should be compensated with at least some free DLC for this very frustrating ordeal. I thoroughly enjoyed the multiplayer on the PS3 and have been left very disappointed that it takes such a long time to find a game. I'm glad a Naughty Dog dev has shed some light on this issue and look forward to the patch.
Message 290 of 390 (844 Views)