Apr 30 2014
By: Eric-ND Naughty Dog Developer 594 posts

The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Weapons

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1492 views Edited May 6, 2014

Post your thoughts on the new weapons in Patch 1.07. 

Included free in patch 1.07 

• Full-Auto Rifle
    • A fully automatic all-purpose rifle. This is a 2 loadout point long gun that takes 5 shots to down.

Available from the PSN Store, and included in the Season's Pass.  Also available to play with for free in the new pre-set loadouts below:

• Enforcer
    • A versatile pistol with great range and accuracy. It is a 1 loadout point weapon that takes 4 shots to down.
  • Double Barrel
    • A 1 loadout point purchase weapon that takes 2 shots to down and has very cheap ammo.
  • Specter
    • A 3 loadout point purchase weapon that is a silenced fully automatic weapon with a high rate of fire, low damage and quick reload.
  • Launcher
    • A 4 loadout point purchase weapon that launches small homemade explosives. It takes 2 shots to down and has a slow reload.

Message 1 of 17 (1,492 Views)
Survivor
2220 posts

Re: The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Weapons

May 7, 2014

Bumping thread.

So far I've only used the Double Barrel and the Enforcer in a public match. Both weapons are definitely going to take some time getting use to. Smiley Happy

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 2 of 17 (1,345 Views)
Fender Bender
3394 posts

May 7, 2014
I used them all, and can definitely say that the Launcher is great and all, but I wouldn't say it's so "OP" that it deserves to be so many LPs.
Message 3 of 17 (1,344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

I love the Specter. I call it the Commander Shephard  : P

The first time I used it, I was like O__________O

I killed two people with one clip. It's sick up close.

Far away, not so much.

The improvements to the Machete are marvelous, just marvelous.

/sips Brandy and adjusts monocle

Message 4 of 17 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
843 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

Used them all today and logged about 7 hours of play time (yikes!)

Enforcer - most useful and might be too powerful for what it costs and what it's supposed to do.  Once you upgrade it once you can go heads up with SAR and FAR users.  Not sure about burst rigle because no one tonight used it.  A bit too accurate for a handgun and with almost no recoil, get ready for this to replace the revolver as the most used handgun.  I played about 10 games with Enforcer only and the DB as a kickback and I liked the results.

EDIT:   What made TLOU unique was the limited amount  of bullets you had.  With gunslinger equipped,  you can run around with 20+ bullets and spam bullets.  No longer do you have to be selective and conserve your shots.

Full Auto -  used this for a few hours and the BEST thing about this gun is it can stop a 2 x 4 user dead in his tracks upclose...and with ease I might add.  It's a nice change of pace from using the SAR, but in the long run and in competitive games, I think most people will still go with the SAR.  

Spectre - this gun is a waste IMO.  Although it takes something like 6 bullets to down, most of the time I burned the whole clip simply because it fires so fast and you want to make sure your target is dead.

Launcher -  only logged about 5 games with this.  It's very situational but the best thing about the Launcher is the explosive has a limp arc which makes it shooting someone behind a barricade do-able.  You can take someone out if they are behind a fence if you aim it correctly.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 5 of 17 (1,295 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

May 7, 2014

^Like the little review you just made. Woman Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 6 of 17 (1,292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 7, 2014
I was waiting so much for the new patch, and now that it's here, I'm very disappointed, I feel less power on my old guns and before I down enemies more easy than now, please lower the power on the new guns it's very disadvantaged and unbalanced, besides that you guys made a very good job on the maps.
Thank you
Message 7 of 17 (1,285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

May 7, 2014

SuperEllie_12 wrote:
I was waiting so much for the new patch, and now that it's here, I'm very disappointed, I feel less power on my old guns and before I down enemies more easy than now, please lower the power on the new guns it's very disadvantaged and unbalanced, besides that you guys made a very good job on the maps.
Thank you

What old guns are you using? Some of the pre patch guns need an upgrade or two to fight better.

E.g. Shorty needs upgrade lvl 1. 9mm needs upgrade(s) for bigger clip size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 8 of 17 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

May 7, 2014
I've tried the Enforcer, FAR and the new Machete. I like them all. I'll be trying the others tonight.

DJ_AMs_Crack pipe basically nailed it for this review.
Message 9 of 17 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 14, 2014

I would like you improved weapons Double Barrel Launcher and why not ta good use of the double barrel have to increase the strength or frequency of fire and recoil is not worth playing with it does not have to compete with other weapons and launcher has to change the precision it errs too much and not too much damage already refusal asertei an enemy right on it and nothing happened and even the floor was black he walk tava porfavo al aruma I like most of the new weapons not to compete that way of thanks for attention

Message 10 of 17 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes