Apr 30 2014
By: Eric-ND Naughty Dog Developer 594 posts

The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Survival Skills

[ Edited ]
21 replies 2426 views Edited May 6, 2014

Post your thoughts on the survival skills avaialble in Patch 1.07. 

Available from the PSN Store, and included in the Season's Pass.  Also available to play with for free in the new pre-set loadouts below:

• Executioner
    • (1 loadout points) Earn double the parts for shiv kills.
    • (3 loadout points) Earn 50% more parts for special executions, get an extra shiv use every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills.
    • (4 loadout points) Get 2 extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills, special executions and interrogations.
  • Scavenger
    • (3 loadout points) Enemies drop 50% more ammo.
    • (4 loadout points) Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
    • (5 loadout points) Enemies sometimes drop a random crafting item and always drop double ammo. Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills.
  • Damage Marker
    • (3 loadout points) Any damage dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
    • (4 loadout points) Earn double the parts for marking enemies and any damage dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
  • Awareness
    • (1 loadout points) Enemy nametags remain on screen for 5 seconds when you take damage.
    • (3 loadout points) Enemy nametags appear at twice the normal distance and remain on screen when you take damage for 10 seconds.
  • Fortitude
    • (1 loadout points) Bleed out time is increased by 25% and slightly increased downed crawling speed.
    • (2 loadout points) Earn 25 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 35% along with even faster downed crawling speed.
    • (3 loadout points) Start with a health pack, earn 50 parts for healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Bleed out time is increased by 50% and downed health is increased along with much faster crawling speed.
  • Gunslinger
    • (2 loadout points) Pistol ammo is increased by 30% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
    • (3 loadout points) Pistol ammo is increased by 70% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
    • (4 loadout points) Pistol ammo is doubled at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
  • Bomb Expert
    • (2 loadout points) Smoke bombs and bombs have a slightly shorter fuse when thrown.
    • (3 loadout points) Placed bombs, thrown smoke bombs and thrown bombs have an even shorter fuse.
    • (5 loadout points) You are immune to the stun of your own smoke bomb. Placed bombs, thrown smoke bombs and thrown bombs have a very short fuse.
  • Agility
    • (2 loadout points) – Crouch walk and climb slightly faster.
    • (3 loadout points) – Walk, climb and crouch walk even faster.
    • (4 loadout points) – You are nearly impossible to hear while moving. Walk, climb and crouch walk very quickly.

Message 1 of 22 (2,426 Views)
Survivor
2222 posts

Re: The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Survival Skills

May 7, 2014

Bumping thread.

These new survival skills are definitely going to take some time getting use to as well as playing with. Smiley Happy

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 2 of 22 (2,224 Views)
Fender Bender
3426 posts

May 7, 2014
^So many choices, I'm glad I have time. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 22 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 7, 2014

im enjoying seeing (slightly) less people using CT 2.

at first i was excited for damage marker, until i realized i mark them manually anyways, so its kinda useless for me.

It didnt seem like awareness was doing much for me either.

Fortitude is iffy, it gives you more time to be healed, but on interrorgation, it gives the enemy more time to get to you.

I personally havnt used executioner or bomb expert, but i feel both of those have contributed to me being shivved more often throughout todays matches.

I might use scavenger and gunslinger at some point, we'll just have to see.

Message 4 of 22 (2,211 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
23 posts

May 7, 2014

"You are nearly impossible to hear while moving" What does mean exactly? that description is very ambiguous

Message 5 of 22 (2,204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2222 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

Sasori_MoP wrote:

"You are nearly impossible to hear while moving" What does mean exactly? that description is very ambiguous

Means when you climb, drop down, or vault over something you won't be heard.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 6 of 22 (2,199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

May 7, 2014

Eric-ND wrote:

Post your thoughts on the survival skills avaialble in Patch 1.07. 

Available from the PSN Store, and included in the Season's Pass.  Also available to play with for free in the new pre-set loadouts below:

• Executioner
    • (1 loadout points) Earn double the parts for shiv kills.
    • (3 loadout points) Earn 50% more parts for special executions, get an extra shiv use every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills.
    • (4 loadout points) Get 2 extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills, special executions and interrogations.
  • Scavenger
    • (3 loadout points) Enemies drop 50% more ammo.
    • (4 loadout points) Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
    • (5 loadout points) Enemies sometimes drop a random crafting item and always drop double ammo. Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills.

Dear Mr. Eric,

Is there a set percentage at which the craft mats drop for Scavenger Max Rank? Is it a high percentage?

Would you ever consider giving the Executioner perk the ability to craft Shivs faster like Brawler does for melee weapons?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 22 (2,193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

Nick-A-30 wrote:
The description for awareness 2 should be changed.

Right now: "Enemy nametags appear at twice the normal distance and remain on screen when you take damage for 10 seconds."

What it should be: "Enemy nametags appear at twice the normal distance and remain on screen for 10 seconds when you take damage.

Because the way it is now, it makes it seem like you have to take damage for 10 seconds for the perk to work.

Not a big deal just thought I should note it.

^Yeah. Sentence structure is wrong, I noticed it as well. Woman Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 8 of 22 (2,157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014
Executioner works well for those who love shivving or performing special executions, so not big deal really.

Scavenger is nice, it saves a lot of ammo. However, level 3 makes no much sense really since it says that "sometimes" the enemy will drop a crafting item, so I'd prefer using that LP in something else.

Damage Marker, at first I thought it would be useless since I got used to mark always the enemies, but it works nice for moments where the enemy gets hit by a bomb or molotov and try to hide, there's where the perk comes handy.

Awareness is perfect to counter covert 2 or 3, since you can't see them by the listen mode, you can see them anyway by their nametags.

Fortitude, I don't know, this perk works well when using First Aid Training 1, and using Fortitude at level 3 to get the fourth slot for a med kit. Also is faster for you to go to action since you always start with a med kit.

Gunslinger, I find it useless really. Here's a cheap example: use revolver and Gunslinger 3, so you'll start with 14 bullets (since the ammo is doubled), but if you upgrade revolver to level 2 and fire all shots, you'll start again with 14 bullets and no with 22 since revolver level 2 starts with 11 bullets. So basically, this perk is giving you 3 more bullets everytime you run out of revolver bullets. Why would I spend 4 LP if this is just giving me 3 bullets if I have my revolver at level 2?

Bomb Expert doesn't achieve for what was meant for. The time for fuse is exactly the same for levels 1, 2 and 3. The only big difference for level 3 is to spam with the smoke bomb. I'll upload a video so you can see that the fuse time is not big deal.

Agility works perfect for escaping and for moments when you want to trick your enemy and taking him down.
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11914 posts

May 7, 2014

I love that fortitude 3 required 3 melee hits to execute someone when you're down. 

I also love the fact that it's cheap, you get 50 parts just for healing yourself, and you crawl very fast. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 10 of 22 (1,357 Views)