Mar 03 2017
By: Catoeil First Son 4 posts

The Last of Us™ Part II Factions Ideas

4 replies 242 views Edited Mar 3, 2017
Hey! Thought of sharing some ideas with you all! I posted this in a thread a while ago, but it was longer than the actual thread, so decided to repost it as a new thread. This here is something I think would be cool adding to MP in TLOU P2 (probably alot of work though :'( ), but that's just me. Feel free to add anything if you like it!

Customization/Personalization:

Customization to a degree imo. I really don't want it to be like Uncharted 4's MP. Everyone running around with sparkling bright and animated camos on their weapons... And please no "supply drops"... I liked what they did in the first game, test out premade classes of weapons, and buy them to make your own classes with them (but that's just me Smiley Happy actually made me buy them to support ND Smiley Happy ) If they are going to implement cases, they better not do it like U4 or BO3 (a gun locked in a lottery would be a d-move, please don't do that ND... Would make the game less immersive, and just dumb imo)

Story! Immersion! Feelings!:

This is where the game is weak imo. It needs more story in MP, and more content/game modes! Imagine if you start Factions for the first time, pick a side and boom; cutscene. You see yourself running from a group of infected, sweating and panting with your head facing down. Suddenly, a big wall made of metal panels is blocking the way. You stop, turn around and think; This is where I die. Bang, gunshots from behind, you turn around again and see guards on top of the wall shooting down at the infected. One of them throws down a weapon to you and shouts the moto for the faction you chose (Fireflies: "If you are lost in the dark, look for the light" Hunters: What are you waiting for? Pick it up!) or something like that. Then gameplay starts. You pick up the weapon fast (cheap pistol or rifle) while one of the guards screams that you should follow the wall to the entrance on your right. You shoot at the infected while following the wall, and suddenly you reach the entrance. "We can't let you in before the infected are gone!". "That's the last of them!" and cutscene starts. Entrance opens, and one of the guards says: "We need more people like you. Welcome to the Faction".

The main menu of Factions is you walking around the inside of the base, going to different "stands" or zones to customize your apparel, weapons and loadouts. There are also zones for different game modes, and when you head there one of the guards standing there fill you in with information on what it is (or similar, you get the point). If you play with friends, you invite them from a zone/stand and they walk around with you inside the base.

When you go to the "gamemode zone" you search for other players while the background is the base from long distance (like the small pictures of your base in TLOU 1 Factions (now animated, colorful and full of life), and in addition keeps you up to date of what the members of the clan are doing, again, like in TLOU1 Factions. And, if you have friends online, it informs you that they are out scavenging with a group, followed by what game mode they are playing, in parentheses)

They could also add that you need to fend off infected (Horde mode) either from a specific place with important stuff (Horde mode Map) or the base (Story). Pop ups of incoming raiders that plan to raid your base, and hordes of infected sighted, heading towards the base (the pop ups from TLOU 1 Factions) are story missions (or COOP mode. You can play them with friends, or matchmake with others), and if you don't do the challenges/events similar to TLOU 1 Factions, the story mission gets alot harder, and you get a smaller squad of people who defends the base. In the end, if you keep failing or skip these missions, the base/faction goes extinct (game over cutscene)

In horde mode, if you get bit by the infected (going to be hard, after fifth grab by infected or similar), that person is dead when you finish the match, but can still play in the match (you get what I mean Smiley Happy ) Would be cool if the person who got bit said "**bleep**, I'm dead" or similar in the match and acts more sad.

One more thing! The Facebook feature is Awesome! But when you have a friend in the lobby, and it pops up that he is dead, it kind of takes the immersion away. I can't think of a work around right now, other than that your friends only appear when they are out scavenging (playing) or in the lobby (doing random stuff, or simply "NAME is in your base")

Else, it still acts as the old MP, with new things introduced. These are just suggestions coming from a dude who loves TLOU, and really want it to succeed. Can't wait for what you have in store for us ND! Smiley Happy

This is probably a cluster f*** in your mind right now (as it was in mine, but I managed to piece it together, I hope xD), but if you managed to understand, what do you think of it? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Re: The Last of Us™ Part II Factions Ideas

Mar 4, 2017

1krjfw.jpg

I forgot how to edit my signature
Message 2 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
12408 posts

Mar 4, 2017

Nidhoggr_1971 wrote:

1krjfw.jpg

Basically. 

Expect the bare minimum when it comes to anything that isn't the core mechanics themselves. Quality of Life stuff isn't really their forte.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 6, 2017
A shame, really. MP is usually what keeps the game alive. Would love to see them do something different for once Smiley Sad Similar to what Bioware is doing now with Mass Effect: Andromeda. I don't know how that's gonna turn out, but it sounds awesome Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Got my hopes up for both games though!
Message 4 of 5 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9075 posts

Mar 13, 2017
Message 5 of 5 (172 Views)
0 Likes