First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last of Us 2 Multiplayer

Jan 29, 2017
Tatonka_625 I would love a multiplayer mode with no armor and no perks. If people died faster it would promote teamwork even more, and it would kind of remind me of a socom game. Also no listen mode would be awesome. Maybe throw in some proximity chat as well
Message 11 of 25 (401 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2017
No perks, armor, and listening would be awesome. I would be laugh crying all night while getting headshots on people with no armor!!!
Message 12 of 25 (398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
834 posts

Jan 29, 2017

Tatonka_625 wrote:
I've been thinking about the Last of Us 2 multiplayer and remembered some ideas from playing the first game's multiplayer:

• Multiplayer mode that has one team of clickers that can only hear sound and are essentially always in "listen mode." They could "see" footstep noises and that's it. The other team would be normal players that spawn with 9mm and two shivs. Maybe there could be bottles and bricks randomly scattered throughout the maps to use at distractions.(Something along those lines)

• The other idea would be a survivors mode with no perks and no armor. Kind of a back to basics mode that has been beta tested in the uncharted 4 multiplayer. My favorite thing about last of Us is how brutal it is, and no armor and perks would make that even better. And also no listen mode. Just try to make it as realistic as possible.

If anyone wants to reply to these ideas or post other ideas that would be cool.

@Tatonka_625 : The 1st multiplayer mode could be a nice distraction from the main MP modes but for me the clickers would be really more appreciated in a separated co-op mode.

I fully agree with your 2nd idea!  Every game from ND from now how should have a "basic" mode based way more on pure skills than perks/powers/gimmicks.  If U4 included a mode like that I would have played it just as long as U2, but I put it down after a few weeks with all the imbalances, even if it was my favorite MP from the last 10 years before U2 (too many useless guns, sidekicks, mysticals etc).   A "realistic" mode with the brutal feel of TLoU would be AWESOME!

Can't get why ND MP dev team don't get it for such a mode in their game, it's like they don't wan their MPs to be so succesfull, they have two of the best 3rd-person core gameplay engines but they don't want to step in the real competitive world with them it seems...

About the core engines, TLoU just lack some verticality in their maps and a little more gameplay options like climbing (even if slower than U) and the ability to shoot while climbing/ladders...

Message 13 of 25 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Jan 29, 2017

1. More than 3 game modes. What is this? The 90s?

2. Free roaming enemy (infected or otherwise) that would test your use of limited ammo.

3. More customisation, come on, it's MY character I want to make it look different.

4. Gas masks as purchasables, as mentioned above.

5. Less welfare. Why punish people who are good?

6. PING BASED MATCHMAKING!

I forgot how to edit my signature
Message 14 of 25 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 2, 2017

For all the people wanting no listen mode, whether for ranked or not…listen mode MUST stay in the game. Without listen mode, the game would be ruined. Everyone would just jog/run around making the game much too fast paced. Listen mode makes people play stealthy, which is what TLoU is all about. Without listen mode, it would basically play like Uncharted 4 and TLoU as we know and love it would be no more.

For all the people wanting more game modes…how it is now with 3 is perfect. I would say max should be 5. The reason for this is because for games like this, the player base is not going to be huge like a Call of Duty, for example. So the less game modes, the more populated those game modes will be. Also, you don’t want split up the player base too much. Look at COD games, they have so many modes and some hardly get any players so they’re basically unplayable. Then take Rainbow Six Siege as another example…that game is getting more and more popular and it essentially has ONE mp mode: attack and defend.

My suggestions that TLoU Part II would benefit from:

1. There should be an intro/tutorial like UC4 had. A lot of people do not get how to play the game so they just give up because they don’t know simple things about the game like how sprinting puts you on the radar, jogging puts you on listen mode, or to even hit boxes for ammo/craftables or pick up ammo and parts from downs/executions, etc. The game is great but can be overwhelming for noobs just starting out. If more people understood how to play the game from the get-go, they would have stuck around and we would have a bigger player base today.

2. Ping-based matchmaking. Tired of getting put in laggy rooms with 1 or even no bar players. Also, the party/no parties playlists aren’t really needed, just prioritize parties when matchmaking.

3. Get rid of “cheap” skills like bomb expert 3. That is the worst thing to get killed by. So tired of seeing people running around with their little smoke bombs in their hands and press one button to throw at the ground for a cheap kill. The funny thing is that this is usually abused by higher ranked veterans in the game.

4. More customization. Would love the option to choose between male/female, be able to customize clothes, and even backpacks would be cool.

5. Improve on what’s already there and don’t change too much. This is a slow-paced stealthy/tactical competitive team shooter. That’s what it was meant to be, so let’s keep it that way.

6. Marketing. TLoU had its first MP trailer only a week before release, so not many people knew about it. I still talk to people today who have played TLoU and loved it but simply had no idea that the game even had a MP, which is sad considering it’s one of the best MPs of all time in my opinion. With part II, ND needs to advertise the MP heavily. The more people that know about it, the more will play it.

7. Last but not least, let’s have live stats and ranks at launch *cough* UC4.

Message 15 of 25 (366 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2017

One thing I'd like ND to do, would be that of expanding the clan. It would be really cool if when you select multiplayer, you're sent to your actual base with all the survivors you've gathered though the different missions. Here you can interact with them and assign them to different jobs so that they'll give you small boost when you're playing a game. For example you could decide to assign a person to make ammos, this way you'll have 5 more bullets for whatever gun you use. Or else you could send them on scavenging missions and obtain whatever they find. Something à la MGSV. It goes without saying that we should be able to spend the resources we've collected through missions to improve the base. Here you can customize your character and modify your weapons. It could be interesting if there even was the random chance of a horde of clickers coming to attack it. The base should have self defense capabilities so that this doesn't become annoying after a while. 

Message 16 of 25 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Feb 18, 2017

Would you have a system of base raiding similar to the FOB structure on MGSV? Please God no! Don't give ND ideas for microtransactions. They make enough money from hats.

While the clan system could and probably should be expanded, let's face it, anyone who got past week 12 one time didn't care about the clan anymore... I don't think it should be too detailed because that's not what this multiplayer is about.

Look at David's group in the single player for instance. They basically rely on a core of half a dozen or so to keep them supplied and supported.

I would care more about the clan if they were more than dots floating on a screen like organisms under a microscope, but I don't want to get bogged down with interacting with them. Let them go off and find a soccer ball or fix a fence, let me get on with owning scrubs to feed them.

I forgot how to edit my signature
Message 17 of 25 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9075 posts

Feb 20, 2017
Message 18 of 25 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
2739 posts

Feb 21, 2017

Adrian_Prime wrote:

One thing I'd like ND to do, would be that of expanding the clan. It would be really cool if when you select multiplayer, you're sent to your actual base with all the survivors you've gathered though the different missions. Here you can interact with them and assign them to different jobs so that they'll give you small boost when you're playing a game. For example you could decide to assign a person to make ammos, this way you'll have 5 more bullets for whatever gun you use. Or else you could send them on scavenging missions and obtain whatever they find. Something à la MGSV. It goes without saying that we should be able to spend the resources we've collected through missions to improve the base. Here you can customize your character and modify your weapons. It could be interesting if there even was the random chance of a horde of clickers coming to attack it. The base should have self defense capabilities so that this doesn't become annoying after a while. 

This is a really good idea. They really need to expand the clan system. 

My Youtube Channel:

Rookie2Vet

Free Sitrongr

Message 19 of 25 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Feb 23, 2017

Add in Situal Awareness boosters where you can see all the players and make those players visible on the radar for all teammates for 20 seconds. Add in Mark boosters to Mark the players layout for 15 seconds. Make all the grenades, smoke bombs, etc rechargable and not by pick up. No weapon pick up either.

Message 20 of 25 (246 Views)
0 Likes