Highlighted
Mar 19 2017
By: FrankThePug12345 Splicer 40 posts

The 'Burst' of Us

8 replies 357 views Edited Mar 19, 2017

Have you guys noticed lately that almost every single player that you encounter in game, regardless of factions mode (survivor/supply/inter), uses Burst Rifle? What's so special about it? 

It's very obvious how OP this weapon is but what's the fun in it?

I find it the most boring weapon choice even though it's overpowered, but the new players seem to have found the true meaning of this game in it, therefore "The Burst of Us"

Share your thoughts about Burst Rifle

Message 1 of 9 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: The 'Burst' of Us

Mar 20, 2017

title

''You're the only person I've ever seen successfully use the flamethrower'' - Exotic1234

Message 2 of 9 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Mar 21, 2017

1lt061.jpg

I forgot how to edit my signature
Message 3 of 9 (306 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Mar 21, 2017

I guess it hurt your feelings.

Throwing memes around doesn't contribute to the topic

Message 4 of 9 (298 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
411 posts

Mar 21, 2017

Agreed. The most boring and the second most overpowered weapon in the game is burst. Of course the burst users will use memes because they have no logical counter to the argument. 

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - zainzombie
Message 5 of 9 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Mar 21, 2017

Frank....

No, it doesn't contribute to the topic but it's funny.

To contribute I will say this:

The burst has been OP in the right hands since day 1. No other non-purchasable can get an instant execution. However, it's not relevant because most people can't aim with it. Unlike the tac shotty, the burst requires a small amount of skill to use properly. It gets outperformed constantly in heads up fights by the variable and the semi-auto. And I reckon the tac will probably beat it shot for shot without a burst headshot.

It isn't as ridiculous as bomb expert 3 smoke immunity, which high level players are still using these days (probably to troll) and it at least gets players to fire their weapon instead of just spamming craftables.

I hardly use the burst myself but it is a fun weapon to use from time to time.

I forgot how to edit my signature
Message 6 of 9 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 26, 2017
Yeah the Burst is OP, but it's got it's disadvantages- recoil and accuracy. Though, a simple upgrade pretty much negates these disadvantages.

To answer your question, most players just find it easy to use, which really it is.
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/marcussilverhand][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/marcussilverhand.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/marcusilverhand][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/marcusilverhand.png[/IMG][/URL]

"A man, a plan, and an aerosol can." -Delsin Rowe
Message 7 of 9 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Mar 27, 2017

marcusilverhand wrote:

To answer your question, most players just find it easy to use, which really it is.

quote this with a day 1 time frame of nothing but semi auto users saying the exact same thing but also discredited the burst endlessly before it got ''attention'' drawn to itself.

''You're the only person I've ever seen successfully use the flamethrower'' - Exotic1234

Message 8 of 9 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Mar 28, 2017

The burst is great for easy run and gun moods. It works great with SS3 and has a great potential but it has some big downsides. In reality it's pretty inconsistent. For this reason it's not OP at all. The SAR and VR are much better and more dangerous weapons 90% of the time. 

I understand why many people use it. Some DLC weapons and perks force people to use easy rapid fire run and gun weapons if they want to be competitive. The burst rifle gives people a decent fighting chance against VR, tacshot and BE3 users. 

The easy to use and very reliable SAR is a much better choice but it's always low on ammo and does not have the 1 shot down possibility.  The VR is even better but it's not for free.. Smiley Frustrated

Conclusion:

The burst is no real problem at all. 

Message 9 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes