Highlighted
Feb 25 2014
By: ksdixon First Son 7 posts

TLOU Multiplayer Improvements & Ideas

18 replies 227 views Edited Feb 25, 2014

I don't know about any of you guys, but I think the multiplayer is spectacular and ND should ride it until the wheels fall off. I'd buy more maps/more MP modes for sure. I just wanted to share some ideas I had, see what you guys thought of them, see what ideas you guys had of your own....

General TLOU Multiplayer improvements:
Pressing Start will launch the leaderboard/change loadout/options screen. On Challenge days it will also show your challenge progress. I usually visit this screen whilst I am waiting to respawn. I would like it to show the parts and supplies earnings on this screen, since I'm waiting around anyway and it is usually the only down-time I get to cast a glance over my progress.

New Maps Ideas:
Hotel, upper floors where we fight hunters in the campaign.
Hotel, basement where we fight the infected in the campaign.
FireFly HQ, where Joel has his triumphant shootout in the campaign.
The Mall, where the hunters are trying to get into the store where Joel is.

New MP Mode Ideas:
Infected Among Us:
One lone bloater, several Clickers, Stalkers and Runners. Fireflys vs Hunters with Infected all around the map. Would completley change the fighting dynamics as players try to keep quiet, so less gunfire and more bombs, shivs and meeles.

3v3v2:
Firefly vs Hunters vs Joel & Ellie. Maybe Joel and Ellie receive some sort of part earnings boost so they can purchase weapons faster, or they recieve more items per the supply box.

Free-Roam LoadOut Perks Mode:
I like Strategist Lvl3 (spawn early, on a teamate if there are no enemies around). But I don't really care about Strategist Lvl1 or Lvl2's perks. Instead of spending 2 points to get the perk I want, I'm spending 6. I'd like a mode where I would be free to mix and match, so Strategist Lvl3 would cost me two loadout points, but I wouldn't have the abilities from Strategist Lvl1 or Lvl2.

<script type="text/javascript">// window.onbeforeunload = function() {} // </script>
Message 1 of 19 (227 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: TLOU Multiplayer Improvements & Ideas

Feb 25, 2014

i like all your idea's but you forgot co-op Man Happy

i hope they will use your idea's

Message 2 of 19 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Some More General MP Improvement Suggestions:
- We sit for AGES searching for a game and picking a level, and then we have to scramble to pick our loadouts and any boosters. We should be able to pick our loudouts and boosters when we're sat waiting for the match to work.

- On the subject of custom loadouts, why can't we rename them so that it's easier to remember which one is which? We should totally be able to do that.

- When you're having a really good game, nothing sucks more than the timer deciding the match is over. Seriously? Every time that happens it goes over like a wet fart. We should be allowed to disable the timer so that only by one team loosing all their respawns, or one team getting their lock box unlocked ends the games.

<script type="text/javascript">// window.onbeforeunload = function() {} // </script>

Message 3 of 19 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

ksdixon wrote:

Some More General MP Improvement Suggestions:
- We sit for AGES searching for a game and picking a level, and then we have to scramble to pick our loadouts and any boosters. We should be able to pick our loudouts and boosters when we're sat waiting for the match to work.

- On the subject of custom loadouts, why can't we rename them so that it's easier to remember which one is which? We should totally be able to do that.

- When you're having a really good game, nothing sucks more than the timer deciding the match is over. Seriously? Every time that happens it goes over like a wet fart. We should be allowed to disable the timer so that only by one team loosing all their respawns, or one team getting their lock box unlocked ends the games.

1) No, because I decide which Loadout I want after I know the map (e.g. Lakeside -> Sniper, Checkpoint -> Close-Corner) and then also decide if I want to use a Booster for that specific Loadout

2) Yes, also more Loadout slots!

3) No, it would be a boring, terribly slow-paced camper-fest

Art by Janice Chu
Message 4 of 19 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Anything from Left Behind they are bringing to MP. Meaning all the maps that were encountered. C'mon, that's a no brainer. So obviously they are bringing the mall to MP.

Of coarse more custom loadouts would be amazing. Tired of changing all four custom loadouts constantly.

And to be honest the "3v3v2" mode sounds really dumb. Sorry. Along with the "Free-Roam Loadout Perks Mode" Highly experienced players would be too OP and people would start complaining about this mode.

And this has been constantly said before, Naughty Dog can't do Infected, aka "Horde Mode", because it would cause technical complexities/issues. See it here: Naughty Dog on The Last of Us DLC: Trophies, Familiar Faces, Co-op, Horde Mode, Infected not in Mult... More.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 5 of 19 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 26, 2014
We need a new sniping map frankly. LakeSnipe is great and other good sniping maps are Bill's Town (semi sniping map) and Downtown (though only from the mansion) but neither of these are LakeSnipe. I mean we got Checkpoint, close-range safari, then they gave us double Checkpoint in the form of Bookstore. We are good on sneaky maps (High School, Hometown, Downtown, Dam) and general maps (University, Bus Depot, Suburbs) so we need a really good straightforward sniper nest like LakeSnipe.

Also give me Crossbow that is just like the Military Rifle and 3 more loadout points to add it to my stealth loadout
Message 6 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Feb 26, 2014
^ Checkpoint, The Dam (one of the best sniping maps, IMO), University, Bookstore, Downtown, Bill's Town and hometown are all excellent maps for snipers. Bus depot isn't too bad either.
Message 7 of 19 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Arzharkhel wrote:
^ Checkpoint, The Dam (one of the best sniping maps, IMO), University, Bookstore, Downtown, Bill's Town and hometown are all excellent maps for snipers. Bus depot isn't too bad either.

You can make any map a sniping map. Just depends how well you are with the hunting rifle and how aggressive you are. Smiley Happy

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 8 of 19 (128 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 26, 2014
^ this. I just meant based on the layout of the map LakeSnipe and Bills Town are the best
Message 9 of 19 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Though a completely random idea, it could be cool to have a luck-based multiplayer mode (like in the recent Mortal Kombat)... except, Skeleseer would cause stuff to happen. (This is the gimmicky idea... not to be taken too seriously)

Though I know they won't... having a multiplayer match that is in any way similar to the mixed fights in "Left Behind" would be awesome imo.

Personally, I would like to see more multi-level maps that more closely resemble the high school map... while others have mulitple layers, I feel like the high school map is a bit of a standalone in terms of its layout... though I don't play the DLC maps much, bookstore felt like it had less manueverability due to the layout of the supply boxes (interrogation mode).  Personally, I feel like the mall, firefly HQ and hotel would make some great maps (obviously they would need to make some extra access points to switch between the levels)... I also always thought the sewer would make a cool map.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 10 of 19 (123 Views)
0 Likes