Jun 20 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts
Accepted Solution

TLOU MP makes no sense.

57 replies 1088 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

I would say it's the worst ever, but that's just not true.  

I love the atmosphere of the game...how intense fighting gets and aiming seems to take more skill most of the time than in an Uncharted game.

However, just about everything else about the game sucks.  

Buying armor is lame as hell, and most tryhards just spam dat armor.  Super annoying considering you have very low ammo and then by the time you peel the armor off, they still need to take 5 shots to kill.  

Where the hell are the effing kills?  Just tonight I've gotten countless amount of killing blows, only to have them get knocked down instead and revived later.  Just played a match where I was absolutely destroying the enemy team, and they had one guy shooting at me and another reviving.  Instead of me killing 3 guys, I get 2 downs and the other guy comes to save the day killing both of us with a molotov.  

Then there's the whole losing survivors and forcing you to do challenges.  I don't want to do that...I just want to play a tdm style the last of us without all the crap.  I mean, Uncharted has a lot of crap in it...but that's mostly due to lag.  This game was actually designed to **bleep** you off from the get go.  

If that's not bad enough, combine it with occasional lag spikes and this game is just hell on earth.  Finally get to down someone, run up to finish them off and either A. it doesn't work or B. I get killed while doing it and then my kill doesn't count BUT THEY STILL DIE TO ME KILLING THEM.  

Idk what to do.  I've never hated and loved a game so much in my life.  With Uncharted I could actually have fun... but this game it's just fun playing in a TLOU MP experiencing the universe outside of SP...but then everything about the MP just doesn't make sense at all.  The longer I play, the more frustrated I get about every single aspect of this multiplayer. 

I pray to god they just didn't give a crap about MP.  Because if future ND games will be anything like TLOU MP, I'll be forced to just buy the SP portion, and not the MP.

Please ND for the love of god figure out how to do MP.  Your SP games rock like crazy (except Uncharted 3) but multiplayer is just so wrong.  

Message 1 of 58 (1,088 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Re: TLOU MP makes no sense.

Jun 20, 2013
I love it...
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 2 of 58 (1,071 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Armor costs more every time you rebuy it, downs an executions force more teamwork and risk/reward, the meta game should be optional but isn't game-breaking, and executing someone from up close is a dangerous decision that could be avoided with an extra bullet to the head. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the single player.
Message 3 of 58 (1,068 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jun 20, 2013

guess2 things......1 why did you delete me? 2 play better and stay next to your team stop complaining it is nobodys fault but yours that you didnt know of these occurences now that you know you can fix them right? this MP is very fun and tactical if you arent smart dont play it i guess

Sleep Matt signature
Message 4 of 58 (1,065 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1814 posts

Jun 20, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

guess2 things......1 why did you delete me? 2 play better and stay next to your team stop complaining it is nobodys fault but yours that you didnt know of these occurences now that you know you can fix them right? this MP is very fun and tactical if you arent smart dont play it i guess

O snap! I agree. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 5 of 58 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

The MP takes a while to get used to. I shared some of the same thoughts as you at first but I have slowly grown to love it.

It seems like you just have had a string of bad luck, and matchups against teams that actually know how to work together (imagine that!) Not much you can do about that last part. I'm more of a loner myself when playing MP games so I know how it feels to constantly get roflstomped by a team of 4 constantly watching each other's back and making it impossible to finish anybody off.

As for armor, there are major drawbacks to using it so it is not as OP as it sounds. It's ineffective against melee weapons, shivs, molotovs, etc. and only moderately useful against high powered weapons. You still get stunned when you get hit so you're not exactly a walking tank. Also it gets increasingly expensive to buy new armor so you have to be careful when to use it.

TL;DR:  Give it more time. 

Message 6 of 58 (1,055 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

O snap! I agree. 

i agree too

Sleep Matt signature
Message 7 of 58 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jun 20, 2013
It's not the game, it's you.
Message 8 of 58 (1,033 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jun 20, 2013
if you play with good teammates then the other team wont have time to revive their teammate. i dont care about getting my execution if i take down a guy. i will have my teammate kill him if he is closer. its a team based game. also i dont have any lag issues. this game requires skill, communication and teamwork.
PSN: SNUBKILLER75
XBOX360: FP x SNUBKILLER

Message 9 of 58 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I would say it's the worst ever, but that's just not true.  

I love the atmosphere of the game...how intense fighting gets and aiming seems to take more skill most of the time than in an Uncharted game.

However, just about everything else about the game sucks.  

Sigh, ranting as always. Let me help you one more time. 

Buying armor is lame as hell, and most tryhards just spam dat armor.  Super annoying considering you have very low ammo and then by the time you peel the armor off, they still need to take 5 shots to kill.  

A molotov cocktail or a sneaky shiv would easily defeat the armor like a one hit KO.

Once I upgrade all my weapons, I don't see why not get the armor to secure myself more. Still, a armored player doesn't stand well against two preapared unarmored players. 

Where the hell are the effing kills?  Just tonight I've gotten countless amount of killing blows, only to have them get knocked down instead and revived later.  Just played a match where I was absolutely destroying the enemy team, and they had one guy shooting at me and another reviving. Instead of me killing 3 guys, I get 2 downs and the other guy comes to save the day killing both of us with a molotov.  

That's what I called teamwork and resourceful. The thing is, being Rambo often doesn't work well in this MP.

Then there's the whole losing survivors and forcing you to do challenges.  I don't want to do that...I just want to play a tdm style the last of us without all the crap.  I mean, Uncharted has a lot of crap in it...but that's mostly due to lag.  This game was actually designed to **bleep** you off from the get go.  

Play heal your teammates mission. It's the easiest mission, and it will benefit your team and you as well. Once you get all unlockable stuff, you don't have to care about your clan anymore! 

If that's not bad enough, combine it with occasional lag spikes and this game is just hell on earth.  Finally get to down someone, run up to finish them off and either A. it doesn't work or B. I get killed while doing it and then my kill doesn't count BUT THEY STILL DIE TO ME KILLING THEM.  

This is actually ND's fault since they updated the game to allow people with bad connections to play. File a complaint to them. 

Idk what to do.  I've never hated and loved a game so much in my life.  With Uncharted I could actually have fun... but this game it's just fun playing in a TLOU MP experiencing the universe outside of SP...but then everything about the MP just doesn't make sense at all.  The longer I play, the more frustrated I get about every single aspect of this multiplayer. 

Play. With. Friends. Seriously, if you want to have fun and be tactical, friends (or tryhards, if you prefer) is the answer.

I pray to god they just didn't give a crap about MP.  Because if future ND games will be anything like TLOU MP, I'll be forced to just buy the SP portion, and not the MP.

TLoU MP is just unique, and it's better than U3 MP in my opinion. ND is trying to make this feel like the way SP is. Survival. Sometime it's not for everyone like Aurelia who prefer more fast-paced gameplay. Maybe it isn't for you. 

Please ND for the love of god figure out how to do MP.  Your SP games rock like crazy (except Uncharted 3) but multiplayer is just so wrong.  

As for the title, video game logic always doesn't make sense. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 10 of 58 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes