This game mode is similar to that seen in the story mode, where Joel turns a generator to light. In this case the bands (fireflies and hunters) are competing for these light engines enable their clan have energy to survive. In each map there are 3 generators ready to be activated, players must go and catch running them. In this mode there are an unlimited life, but you can win both the most time with the generator or because it reaches to the maximum amount of energy (3000 uds). Generators also marked on the map and on the screen of each player, however it begins the game they aren't marked. When you have a generator activated, near the active generator it shows blips or faint red dots of enemies (like Strategist 3) on the radar.
Instructions (Start the Generator)
Steal Pieces and Locale Generators
1. Enemies have important parts to start the generators (a funnel, a hose, gasoline, a wrench and a key)
2. You look around the map and steal them. To do this we have to bring them down and press triangle on them and then steals it, or catch in the back and steal it later to cut their throats.
3. When the whole team have all 5 pieces of the generators, a message appears that says "locating generators" and in 20 seconds marked on the player's screen.
-This section is being created-
When is Neutral Generator, NG
NG-1. Put you near the generator (front or sides, not behind)
NG-2. To start the generator you must press the triangle button.
NG-3. Then a gray bar that should be filled. To do this you have to press the triangle button at the exact moment the black line that runs between the gray bar on the square mark, activate it for your team will be between 10 to 20 seconds depending on your skill by pressing the triangle button. (To turn a generator neutral must be pressed three times the triangle button)
NG-4. When the bar is full, the generator turns on and appears a mark around his with the team color to which it belongs (yellow to firelies and blue to hunters), this mark is only for 3 seconds indicating that it has been captured. Moreover, when you have a generator activated, near the active generator it shows blips or faint red dots of enemies (like Strategist 3) on the radar.
NG-5. Now that the generator is turned on, you must run to the other two and do the same procedure
When is Enemy Generator, EG
EG-1. Do step # NG-1 to activate a generator neutral or not any equipment. Put you near the generator (front or sides, not behind)
EG-2. Bar appears color (blue = hunters and yellow =firelies) generator opposing team and you have to come down, to the black square to disconnect and not light at enemies.
EG-3. To lower the blue or yellow bar you have to press triangle button quickly, without stopping because if you stand too long, the bar will be as before, if you shoot when you start doing this again, step #EG-2. This costs between 8 and 12 seconds.
EG-4. Having removed all enemy color bar generator, press the triangle button and becomes the step #NG-2 and #NG-3.
- 3 Generator around the map
- 1 Generator in your hand (5 Generatorpoints for team/1second) (1 Generator during 1 minute/300 Generator Points)
- For win: 3000 GeneratorPoints or End the time and the team with the most points is the winner
- Infinite lives by team (Similar at Interrogation)
- 15 minutes for win
Scoring and Statistics
- Activate a generator for your team: 100 pieces
- Desactivate a enemy generator: 50 pieces
- Prevent activation (Kills in Defense): 100 pieces for a kill and 25 extra pieces for defending own generator
- Assault generator (Kills in Attack): 100 pieces for a kill and 25 extra pieces for defending who is turning the generator.
This "new" type of game would be designed to be more cooperative than competitive. Also at the time that one is starting the engine would be defenseless against the attacks of the enemy, so that the allies should protect them from attacks.
Of the three available engines, two are well away from the positions where players respawn, and are positioned to be activated fairly quiet in the opening minutes. But the engine that tip the balance of combat is at the middle of the map and all players want to dispute this to have and to overcome the opposing team.