Sackboy
508 posts

Re: Should Body Armor...

Jul 3, 2013

I'm probably the only one who upgrades his gun first before getting armor.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 19 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 3, 2013

CCTxWonTon wrote:
You don't HAVE to buy body armor. It's an option.

lol obviously, my point is that you don't have much of a choice when you're at a disadvantage for not using armor. That's like saying: You don't HAVE to pay taxes. It's an option. 

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Because it's something everyone would want to specialize in, and for balance purposes, it just works out better if everyone has access to it.

I'm gonna have to disagree, not everyone wants to specialize in armor, plenty of poeple like the assualt rifle, shotgun, and military sniper. I think having to choose between having armor or power weapon would make the loadout system a lot deeper. On the topic of balance, the very fact that it's a free purchasable is what mkaes it unbalanced.

Hear me out:

Loadout 1               Loadout 2

Revovler (0)           Revolver (0)

Semi-Auto (2)        Semi-Auto (2)

Booster (5)             Booster (5)

Booster (3)             Booster (3)

Booster (3)             

Body Armor (0)     Assault Rifle (3)

See how loadout 1, has an extra 3 points to spend? I'm sure you're going to point out that loadout 2 still has the option of using bodyarmor, but my point is: We shouldn't have to use body armor in order to have an even playing field. Not everyone wants to use it, and those of us who don't are getting robbed out of loadout points.

Message 12 of 19 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Jul 3, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

CCTxWonTon wrote:

lol obviously, my point is that you don't have much of a choice when you're at a disadvantage for not using armor. That's like saying: You don't HAVE to pay taxes. It's an option. 

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Because it's something everyone would want to specialize in, and for balance purposes, it just works out better if everyone has access to it.

I'm gonna have to disagree, not everyone wants to specialize in armor, plenty of poeple like the assualt rifle, shotgun, and military sniper. I think having to choose between having armor or power weapon would make the loadout system a lot deeper. On the topic of balance, the very fact that it's a free purchasable is what mkaes it unbalanced.

Hear me out:

Booster (3)             

See how loadout 1, has an extra 3 points to spend? I'm sure you're going to point out that loadout 2 still has the option of using bodyarmor, but my point is: We shouldn't have to use body armor in order to have an even playing field. Not everyone wants to use it, and those of us who don't are getting robbed out of loadout points.

You just reminded me I just got a new Loadout point.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 19 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I literally almost always buy body armour last and have no problem with it. The fact that you're instead opting to buy upgrades for your weapons or a stronger weapon altogether balances this in the fact that you can take off armour way more easily now with better suited weaponry. Not to mention the dang thing only protects from bullets and bombs, while everything else is still just as effective as it normally is.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 14 of 19 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

CCTxWonTon wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Hear me out:

Booster (3)             

With how the game works right now, armour should be compared with weapon upgrades, NOT with purchaseable weapons.

As long as you have a gun, you can upgrade it. As long as you have a body, you can armour it.

You pay 0 LP for the option to upgrade your weapon, but you need parts during the match to do so. If you don't equip a purachaseable weapon, you can:

1. Spend your parts on armour.

2. Spend your parts on weapon upgrades.

3. Spend your parts on extra ammo.

It's arguable that either option - weapons or armour - could be more practical - it's down to player preference, although many will opt for armour first, and consider the weapon upgrades to be a secondary concern. Later in the game, this decision becomes unabalanced further in favour of ammo and weapon upgrades though, because unlike armour, they don't increase in cost with each purchase.

If you DO equip a purchaseable weapon, you get an extra option on top of the 3 already available:

4. Spent parts on purchaseable weapon.

After buying the weapon, you can - with escalating costs much like armour has - buy extra ammo for your weapon.

In the right hands, purchaseable (or upgraded) weapons can reduce or negate the advantages provided by armour, so it really is a balanced choice, and as mentioned, that balance shifts during the course of a game as purchaseable weapon ammo and replacement armour increases in cost for many players.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 15 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

no, then everyone would have nothing to spend their parts on except for their main guns, meaning that everybody will have tons of upgraded guns with tons of ammo instead of having to decide between that and armour.

I completely agree with you. Well said.

Message 16 of 19 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 3, 2013

When you upgrade your weapons and you die, do you keep the upgrades for the rest of the match?

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 17 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

Jul 3, 2013

yes

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 18 of 19 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Welp, I know what I'm doing now. 

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 19 of 19 (101 Views)
0 Likes