Uncharted Territory
1284 posts

Re: Shotgun nerf

Oct 7, 2013

I'm surprised it took this long for people to ask for a shottie nerf.  The shottie is the best purchaseable weapon IMO.  It use to be in all my loadouts (before I knew better), but now I don't use it except in interrogations when it's a big part of my strategy to opening safes.  

This games evolved a bit from the early stages when everyone was crouch walking and playing with complete stealth.  Now crafter 2-3 is almost a MUST and molotovs, melee sticks, and bombs are abundant.  The shotgun is a great counter for a rushing melee stick user and is one of the only weapons that can stop a molotov user who is up close, dead in their tracks.

No nerf needed since it's a counter melee sticks and other CQC tactics.

Message 31 of 43 (365 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Oct 8, 2013
Nerf circle!
Message 32 of 43 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Oct 8, 2013
Where's the no need to nerf thread when I need it? Oh wait... Too late...

I literally don't run a long gun anymore unless i want to use the hunting rifle. Revolver is on par with the other long guns. Just what I said would happen. Now I have extra points to spend elsewhere.

Quick buff the machete because melee is too difficult in this game!
Message 33 of 43 (330 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Earlier a guy shot me with the shotgun. I shot him also with the burst rifle. I ran behind cover with a machete. He ran round the corner. I pressed square, and his shotgun shot killed me before I slashed him.

So apparently aiming with the shotgun is faster than a machete.
Makes sense I guess...

You know I think they should just swap the machete and shotguns points around.
It'd make them more balanced.

Message 34 of 43 (319 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I bet there would be another nerf thread after the shotgun nerf.

Placing my money on the burst rifle. I feel like it would be the next gun to be nerfed.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 35 of 43 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25345 posts

Oct 8, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I'd say it's a little too strong...

you obviously have not been shot by a shotgun at point blank range.. :/

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 36 of 43 (289 Views)
Limit Breaker
25345 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

XxbulletkillaxX wrote:
 (making arrows takes an understanding of aerodynamics)

You may have won the stupid statement of the day post.

he meant making "GOOD" arrows. you certainly don't go to the store and pay 50 bucks for wood fashioned arrows with sharpened ends or sharpened stone arrowheads.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 37 of 43 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

Once the shotgun gets nerfed and some other weapons, you'll all be nerfing the pea shooter pistol.

You know theres an alternative to not getting downed by a shotgun, don't swing your modded bats at people continuously, actually shoot them.

Message 38 of 43 (275 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I swear to God if you nerfy pricks nerf my 9MM.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 39 of 43 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
913 posts

Oct 8, 2013
9MM is to op!!!!1111 I had one Health Bar atleast and some guy shot me with 11 9mm-Shots and I just died!!!!11elf

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 40 of 43 (366 Views)
0 Likes