Jul 02 2013
By: bent_toe Hekseville Citizen 384 posts

Searching for close game, waiting for players, searching for game, found players, searching..

12 replies 622 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

After the patch it is really broken with parties, it can take anywhere from 10-25 minutes before we end up in a game. It's a redicioulus long time trying to get a game together.

We can be 2 players or a full 4 player partie, doesent matter.

What we found out that in some cases work is that everybody in our partie quit to main menu, pick Factions again and rejoin and search for a game, this can lower the wait to 5-10 minutes sometimes.

We also have tried switching the party leader, sometimes it takes less time but many times it's around 15 minute wait.

We talked about filming this to show the developers but i believe they already know this.

The matchmaking really have to be improved, i want to play with my friends, this is one of the best games to incorporate real teamwork(if not the best) and i want to do this with friends, not randome people that run around the map like headless chickens.

I bought the collectors edition, the season pack and i hope you guys fix this soon, because it's really annoying.

Canon 1Ds
Message 1 of 13 (622 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Searching for close game, waiting for players, searching for game, found players, searching..

Jul 2, 2013

I too have noticed since the patch the matchmaking when in a party can take some time. I generally only play during the prime time hours for Australia and used to get games within seconds even in a party. It can take between 5-10 mins at the moment during prime time while partied even with only 2 people in the party

Message 2 of 13 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Re: Searching for close game, waiting for players, searching for game, found players, searching..

Jul 2, 2013

Anothee thing since the patch, is that we've had it a few times where our party of 4 is against a party of two, match starts and we get split. Then of course some randoms join.

It's annoying

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 3 of 13 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Unfortunally even teams go before parties in the netcode. I hate uneven teams.. but i hate even more to loose a friend to the other team. I played me vs 4 others a few nights ago, no one joined and the game did not move over 1-2 players to my team, so it feels random sometimes aswell.
Canon 1Ds
Message 4 of 13 (589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

**bleep** why is it that one out of for matches is a use3d game i dont want to join a game thats 10-19

and i really ******* dont during challenges stop putting me in this Naughty dog more like retarded puppy

iif you want people to join used games even the playing field ont screw us over

Edit: profanity

Message 5 of 13 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2517 posts

Aug 19, 2013

I don't know what your doing wrong.

I play this game 3 to 4 hours a day and haven't seen no where near 10-25min wait times for matches.

I think your exaggerating or its more like " it feels like 25min".

Hasn't taken me more than 3 to 5 min to find a match ever.

Heck it doesn't even take me more than 2 min to find a match on Uncharted 2 RIGHT NOW.

(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 6 of 13 (499 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 19, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

I play this game 3 to 4 hours a day and haven't seen no where near 10-25min wait times for matches.

Heck it doesn't even take me more than 2 min to find a match on Uncharted 2 RIGHT NOW.

I think they are talking about party-games. Can't give an opinion as I don't have friends, though.

GRAB
Message 7 of 13 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2517 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Tacco_Ray wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

I think they are talking about party-games. Can't give an opinion as I don't have friends, though.

I'm always in a party.

(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 8 of 13 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3645 posts

Aug 19, 2013
If its taking more than 5 minutes to find a game, someone in your party has a NAT 3.
Message 9 of 13 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 19, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
If its taking more than 5 minutes to find a game, someone in your party has a NAT 3.

It doesn't matter if he/she is not the host/party leader.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 13 (443 Views)
0 Likes