Feb 13 2014
By: Eric-ND Naughty Dog Developer 594 posts

Patch 1.06: Supply Box Changes Discussions

13 replies 2736 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

Please read and post all discussions about Supply Box changes in Patch 1.06 to the thread here.

• Fixed bug where machete could still spawn as a comeback item even when the player already had a machete
  • When spawning a comeback item (pre-crafted bomb or molotov), there is no longer a 50/50 chance to spawn either a bomb or molotov; a molotov will only spawn if the player already has 2 bombs
    • If the player already has 2 bombs and 2 molotovs, no comeback item will spawn
  • Fixed a bug in Supply Raid and Interrogation where players with 1 execution and only 1 or two deaths would get additional crafting ingredients from a supply box
  • Fix to the exploit where you could fire off a couple shots before opening a supply box and get more ammo than you spawned with
    • As part of this fix, the game now gives ammo in more precise quantities, so players won't get a box of 5 bullets when they should only get 2 bullets.
    • This also means that you will see more ammo boxes spawn - some with smaller amounts and some with larger amounts.
    • Slight adjustments were made to the ammo given for certain weapons to keep them consistent with the current ammo given under the old scheme. Overall the ammo you receive throughout a match should be the same, but without the variance that comes from sometimes receiving ammo beyond what you should.
  • Fixed bug where a player could open a box, get a comeback item or weapon, not pick anything up (because they were killed, for example), then lose that comeback item or weapon.  Now the player will have the same chance of getting that item or weapon at the next supply box.
  • Fixed bug in Survivors where you could get additional items by opening a box and not picking up the items, going to another box, then returning to the first one.
  • Fixed bug where player who was Last One Standing would not get any ammo from a supply box
  • Fixed bug where Flamethrower could not be picked up when it spawned as a comeback weapon
  • Re-balanced ammo in comeback weapon spawns to match the amount when purchased.  Shotgun went from 5 to 2, Assault Rifle from 20 to 10, El Diablo from 4 to 3.
Message 1 of 14 (2,736 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Supply Box Changes Discussions

Feb 13, 2014

Loving these patch changes so far, although slightly increasing Supply Box drops for the winning team would be nice. Hate making my way to a supply box to find one item, defeats the point of a "supply raid."

Message 2 of 14 (2,725 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Flamethrower spawns from supply boxes?!

Never seen that before, even if I do pack the sun-in-a-can on my back. O_O

The rest seems very good. 

Nicely done!

Message 3 of 14 (2,647 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Feb 13, 2014
why would you fix the "exploit" where anyone could fire off ammo to get more in the supply box ?
also can someone explain comeback item to me, I'm not sure I'm reading it right.
Message 4 of 14 (2,617 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Feb 13, 2014
At least you guys are finally starting to do sometjing about the welfare system even if it is just the tiniest baby step. I really wish at the very least there could be a mode for welfare-less private matches.
Message 5 of 14 (2,593 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Feb 13, 2014

^ Let's them start with more ammo than intended at the first supply box.

Comeback item is where if your team is losing, the supply boxes are filled with Molotovs, Machetes, Bombs and 100 Parts. Commonly referred to on this forum as "The Welfare System."

Message 6 of 14 (2,583 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Solid changes.
Message 7 of 14 (2,415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Feb 14, 2014
So now you get less ammo than you used to? As far as ammo adjusted more precisely? Gotta check this out before I comment also liked shooting and getting extra bullets , been doing it for months now. Whatever I understand you guys fixing that and lowering the welfare system even a bit is a step in the right direction albeit a small step.
Message 8 of 14 (2,131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3397 posts

Feb 14, 2014
Aaawww I was hoping this was about changing the places the supply boxes spawned. Well on the bright side this gives everyone an excuse to actually use the Starting Ammo Purchased Booster.
Message 9 of 14 (2,121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
Aaawww I was hoping this was about changing the places the supply boxes spawned. Well on the bright side this gives everyone an excuse to actually use the Starting Ammo Purchased Booster.

You mean the Starting Ammo Multiplier booster? Smiley Tongue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 10 of 14 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes