Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Loadout Balance Changes Discussions

Feb 13, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
@Sentiel Because No one hardly uses the Military Rifle or Machete! Just be thankful they didn't increase it's Scope in time, or make the Machete a 1 hit melee.

I use them.

Sure, why would I waste Loadout Points on a useless knife when I can have Shotgun, or even better, Flamethrower.

Military Sniper costing 3 LPs means Covert 3 + Sharpshooter 3 is now a reality. Alternativey, Covert 3 + FAT 1 + Brawler 2 will work as well now. Which is something nice for me, but even so I dislike the sniper getting cheaper.

The reason people don't use them isn't the cost, it's the fact that there are other, better, or more versatile options.

If i want a close quarters weapon, I'd rather take Shorty then Machete and when it comes to sniping, I prefer El Diablo, because I can use it on medium and short range firefights as well, which is possible, yet more difficult to do with the Military Sniper.

Message 11 of 112 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Crafter 3 up to 6 loadout points ? are you fukcing me !
Message 12 of 112 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Feb 13, 2014
I feel like crafter 3 isn't so useful that it needs to be 6 loadout points but I guess it's ok. I cannot see how the flamethrower is still only 2 loadout points but is an instant execution all the time, is cheap, and takes absoloutely no skill to use.
Message 13 of 112 (662 Views)
Monster Hunter
29 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

People use crafter to get a lot of parts and it gives molotoves and bombs to you teammates. 

One of the best Perks so i understand that is cost more now.

Good changes!

Message 14 of 112 (634 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Eric could you please address why in all those changes we haven't got a single one about the flamethrower? For a weapon that literally needs no skill, it costs way too less loadout points. Should be at least on par with the shotgun - that is 4 LPs. Not only does it instantly execute you, it cuts through armour like butter and requires no aim skill whatsoever. Should definitely be nerfed imo, it's the only weapon that kills the fun in the multiplayer.

Message 15 of 112 (627 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Feb 13, 2014
obviously crafter gives bombs and molotovs, I dont know why there was a need to point it out. it doesnt just give out bombs and molotovs, it gives med packs and smoke bombs.
I do no agree with crafter 3 being 6 points. that is bull**bleep**s.
Message 16 of 112 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Military - Agreed. The ammo cost alone should BR enough to warrant this change.

Crafter - Agreed. Hopefully we'll see less bomb fests happening now.

Machete - Need to explain?

Strategist - Agreed. Strategist 1 is pretty much pointless since I always know if I've been marked.
Message 17 of 112 (601 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Crafter by itself really didn't need to be changed. As it was the biggest priblems with crafter were coming from players doing poorly being able to craft so many items and then get their crafter packages on top of that, while people doing well couldn't get anything at all and so couldn't utilize their booster.
Message 18 of 112 (590 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2014

2 things not addressed here.

1. Why has downtown been changed to daytime? It was great as it was, I love the atmosphere it had and now it feels weird, all the drama has gone. Are you going to keep tinkering with it if you keep the change?

2. Flamethrower - this weapon has to be fixed, it's not just a question of loadout points but that it's just 'cheap' to use at the moment, it's reach is too far, even going beyond the visible flame. That it has lag damage as well - a good bar and a half of damage being inflicted even after the weapon owner has been downed - is infuriating, that someone can rush you with it and still kill you as you unload into them is terrible. 

Please review these two things. 

Message 19 of 112 (557 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1246 posts

Feb 13, 2014

iscaryot wrote:

People use crafter to get a lot of parts and it gives molotoves and bombs to you teammates. 

One of the best Perks so i understand that is cost more now.

Good changes!

Crafter 3 is the best perk in the game next to Covert Training 3 , followed by FAT IMO.  

• It the only perk that gives your parts bonus for a non-combat related event or an event where you don't engage the enemy.
  • It gives your team free candy, multiple this by a team with 2-3 people and that's candy overload

The parts bonus for revive and first aid are all dependant on having your teammate downed or injured.  This means you have to follow them around. and hope one of these situations happens.  WIth crafter 2-3, you aren't depending on these situations happening.  Yes you can rack up more points with FAT because with Crafter there is limited amount of supply boxes and spawns, but Crafter bonuses are a sure thing, especially in the begining of the game when all the boxes are spawned.

So Crafter gives you theretically two offensive boosts (bonus points to use on ammo/guns, and candy (molotoves, bombs, smoke bombs).  

My suggested idea was to  increase the amount of gifts needed from 2 to 3 for level 3 and from 3 to 4 for level 2

Message 20 of 112 (541 Views)
0 Likes