Please post up all discussions about the Interogation Mode changes in this thread.
- Interrogation mode provides a cool tug-of-war between two teams, but under certain conditions we felt that a defending team would respawn too quickly and too close to their own lockbox, resulting in it being too difficult for the attacking team to make progress unlocking that lockbox.
- As such we've made the following changes, which we feel plays more fairly based on our own playtesting:
- If a team's lockbox has spawned, that team will not respawn instantly when they are wiped out
- If a team's lockbox has spawned, all players on that team will have a minimum respawn time of 7 seconds
- Spawn exclusion zones around the lockboxes have been adjusted across all maps so defenders don't spawn too close to their own lockbox, and to make them consistent with the other lockboxes on the map.
- Other fixes:
- Reduced time that dead allies affect the down-weight on spawn points from 40s to 20s.
- This was done to improve spawning - since Interrogation can be fairly fast-paced once the lockboxes are revealed, the reduction in the down-weight time will give the spawning system more locations to choose from and ideally give players better spawns.
- Fixed bug where a player could get downed by a bomb just as they start opening the lockbox and continue opening the lockbox while at 0 health
- Fixed bug where a lagging player could continue unlocking the box for some time after being attacked or downed. Now the lagging player will not continue to unlock the box.
- Note: unfortunately this fix introduced new bug where a player opening the lockbox cannot be shivved properly. . This was only caught after the patch had been submitted to Sony, so the fix for this will be coming in the next patch.
- Minor fix to end of match music stinger - the end of match music stinger should play when the "You Won / You Lost" popup comes up, before the final scoreboard
I think the spawn timers on Interrogation are good as they are. Many times my team manages to wipe out the enemy team, allowing us to get 1/3 of their Lockbox open safely and have spare time to prepare for their assault, kill them and continue unlocking, or 2/3 opened, but get ourselves killed.
If the spawning will take longer, in such cases, the unlocking team will be able to easily get 2/3 of the Lockbox open. This is on the basic unlocking speed too. If the unlocking speed was on some of the faster versions it would be easily possible to unlock the Lockbox without giving the defending team a chance to interrupt the unlocking.
Not to mention that with longer respawns, people will likely just camp their Lockboxes without trying to assault the other team's Lockbox.
So what, now we're gunna definitely be respawning in the middle of the map/across the map ?