Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4826 posts

Re: ND Go Back To Live Update 1.00.060

Jul 7, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
We know it still works. ND just lowered the floor. Set the standards lower. @Shadow-Man_4 you must have found a place below the floor.

Think about it from the lagger's perspective. A lot of times he's probably getting frozen and/or disconnected. Then he gets a great "lag free" match. He's thinking: " I'm having an awesome match". But the rest of us are witnessing God going Juggernaut on us. All because his weak upload barely floated above the frozen threshold.

Yeah, but what I meant was it's good of ND to actually freeze laggers. Because all other games favour laggers, even if they had very **bleep** connections which are frozen in this MP.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 180 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Yeah its something I guess.
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 180 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
We know it still works. ND just lowered the floor. Set the standards lower. @Shadow-Man_4 you must have found a place below the floor.

Think about it from the lagger's perspective. A lot of times he's probably getting frozen and/or disconnected. Then he gets a great "lag free" match. He's thinking: " I'm having an awesome match". But the rest of us are witnessing God going Juggernaut on us. All because his weak upload barely floated above the frozen threshold.

Yeah, but what I meant was it's good of ND to actually freeze laggers. Because all other games favour laggers, even if they had very **bleep** connections which are frozen in this MP.

Okay, so in extreme cases the freeze still occurs, but the majority of the time now it's utterly pointless.  I say that because if most matches result in being shot around corners or being unable to shiv someone you're clearly behind or a guy mysteriously Lazarus'ing his way from being downed or someone ignoring melee and other damage, then what does it matter?

If ping restrictions or connection requirements have been so relaxed to allow that, then does it really matter that the freezing still happens here and there for the worst of the worst multiplayer connections?   Let's look at my brief stint online last night.  I'm in the pacific northwest, USA.  At least half my team in each match was either Japan (almost the entire match for the first round) or Europe.

I didn't see anyone freezing in those rounds (although they may have here and there).  What I did see was being halfway through a one-hit board kill only to die by the player I ambushed from his nail-board instant down.  Running to cover and being hit 5 feet in safety or 1 - 2 seconds after going into cover.  Throwing smoke in someone's face, rushing for a shiv and instead just dancing like an idiot.  Those're just a few examples.

Why should we just accept it as normal?  The problem is exactly that it has become normal, except that we saw how the multiplayer can run and it isn't exclusive to the Last of Us.  There should be a higher standard.  If you're suffering with a degraded connection, you should be having difficulty playing.  Learn about QoS, learn how to port forward / trigger, learn what a DMZ is - any of a million things you can do to properly set yourself up for multiplayer gaming without dragging everyone else's experience down.

If it's simply a region with poor internet quality and you have no control, so be it - be matchmade with others in the same boat.  

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 180 (248 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

Learn about QoS, learn how to port forward / trigger, learn what a DMZ is - any of a million things you can do to properly set yourself up for multiplayer gaming without dragging everyone else's experience down.

People don't care how it works, as long as it works.

-Matrix

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 180 (234 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Lag melee, lag bombs, lag molotovs, lag bullets, lag everything. /frustrations

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 180 (202 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13340 posts

Jul 11, 2013

You know what the most hilarious thing about this thread is?

The number of complaints about playing against laggers outweighs the numbers of laggers who were crying about being frozen.

It's about 90/10.

ND made a 10% call for the 10%er's... You don't make minority decisions.. That's just stupid.

Majority always comes first as your main base.

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 180 (189 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

The number of complaints about playing against laggers outweighs the numbers of laggers who were crying about being frozen.

It's about 90/10.

ND made a 10% call for the 10%er's... You don't make minority decisions.. That's just stupid.

That's what led to the 1.05 fiasco. They listened to a small minority who cried about high health.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 180 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jul 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

It's about 90/10.

That's what led to the 1.05 fiasco. They listened to a small minority who cried about high health.

But the people wanting 1.00.60 are still customers, the people who don't want 1.00.60 wouldn't continue to be customers for DLC and whatever money making plans ND pull out the bag.

Assuming 10 people and the 1/10 ratio as you said, ND would lose more by going back to 1.00.60 than they will by keeping it how it is. Unless a bigger majority makes a stand. /minirant

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 180 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8571 posts

Jul 12, 2013
If ND ever does a QA in this forum like in UC3, everyone should post the link to this thread.

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 180 (145 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 12, 2013

You know, I was thinking the other day. The worst possible way to get someone to do something is to threaten them, so in this case threatening to not buy dlc is not going to make them any more eager to work on current problems. 

Then I had a days worth of matches where I would be shot with curving bullets and have enemies that were impervious to upgraded melees. That notion of threats went completely in the ground, I love the SP but I'm not spending another cent on this game till the laggy players are addressed. I am really tired of playing with players overseas and with people who can't have a stable ping.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 180 (140 Views)