Last Guardian
11303 posts

Re: Multiplayer Could be the Worst Thing I Have Ever Played?

Jul 17, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

To make this thread into a question, anyone got any advice?  LOL... I know the only advice is that I need to get better, but that's a lame suggestion.  A good game will allow you to adapt into its multiplayer, not punish you for trying.

Get friends, stay with your team, craft Molotovs.

Message 51 of 58 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

Jul 17, 2013

renatabls wrote:

MaidenVelka wrote:

To make this thread into a question, anyone got any advice?  LOL... I know the only advice is that I need to get better, but that's a lame suggestion.  A good game will allow you to adapt into its multiplayer, not punish you for trying.

Get friends, stay with your team, craft Molotovs.

Aye, sadly molotovs are the only way to play this game these days. Sad but true.

Message 52 of 58 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Very easy to learn, stick with your teammates, work as a team>profit.

Message 53 of 58 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Play Survivor. A lot more skill and tactics required in this mode IMO. ;o
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 54 of 58 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

Alcavez
wrote:

You get a big list to choose from so pick one you know you're good at to start with.

A lot of good info in this post but if you ask me, I'd recommend picking the more difficult ones first instead.  I prefer to save the easier ones for when 100% of your population is at risk as opposed to 60%.  

I've never been unsuccessful surviving the 12 week period with this method.  Its been a while since I've played the multiplayer, but I believe I've completed the loop 4 or 5 times and I usually save the healing and crafting missions for last.

Other tips:

- the learning curve is pretty steep, there are a lot of great tips here in this thread, check out the stickied FAQ thread if you havnt already. This is how I learned to better understand what actions influence the radar. Critical for staying alive if you ask me.

- don't underestimate the previous advice given from others about teamwork. This is vital. 

The only other tips I would offer really deal more with personal preference and playstyle.  I almost always run covert training 2, this way if I'm crawling the enemy cannot see me unless they are running the specific booster that lets you see close by enemies on the radar. This helps you to die less.

I'm also a huge fan of Brawler. I know a bunch of players who run this booster and look to upgrade their melee weapons first. It will certainly help you out when you get enemies charging at you.  The nail bat (or whatever you want to call it) will take your enemy down in one hit, brawler makes it so you can do it twice, instead of once before the upgrade wears off.

I've even seen many people bypass the first supply box and run directly to the second one just to increase thier chances of getting the 2x4/stick (it doesn't always show up in the second box in Supply Raid, but more often than not while the first box almost never houses one).  I'd say crafting the upgraded melee weapon should be your top priority.  If you die after picking up a melee weapon you will lose it, however upgrading it, allows it to carry over to your next life in Supply Raid.

Teamwork is the only reason I do well in Multi-player.

Now off to finish my 5th playthrough of the Single Player.  I can't get enough of it.  I only have one more tag to get and I'll have them all.  I've beaten it on Hard, Survivor, Survivor Plus, & Easy Plus (in that order).  If you havn't played through the entire Single Player, I'd encourage you to do so.  It's not crucial to honing your Multi-player Skills, but it certainly helps.

Message 55 of 58 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 18, 2013

As far as the singleplayer is concerned, I consider it perhaps the best gaming experience to be had.  I have all the SP trophies, which of course means playing through Survivor and Survivor+.  That said, I frankly don't see a correlation between getting good at SP and having MP skill gain.  This is for two main reasons:

1. In MP people come at you knowing they will kill you in one hit.  This is untrue is SP, where the Hunters will attempt to stay alive as well, and show fear over the fact that you have a weapon.

2. In SP, the human enemies will give up, allowing you to stealth kill them again.

I'm still very confused on the teamwork aspect of this game.  It seems impossible to explain, and downright not present.  I mean, when you are one hit and the enemy rushes you with a nailbat, the only teamwork is to scream like a little girl.  I'm going to read over the stickied threads and get my mic working for the next time I play (Saturday night is likely.  Until then I am busy.)

Message 56 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 18, 2013
I'm sure the other team is just jogging, not running. And on top of that they are communicating the entire time. If they sense fear- they will decimate you. I've been on both sides lol. Honestly tho- I would recommend playing survivors mode to start off.

It's a **bleep** ton of a lot slower & more tactical.

Deuces 8€
Message 57 of 58 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 18, 2013
My bad, I cannon fodder'd it up. Didn't see the extra pages 8P
Message 58 of 58 (40 Views)
0 Likes