Wastelander
580 posts

Re: Multiplayer Could be the Worst Thing I Have Ever Played?

Jul 16, 2013
^ The 9MM pistol is free in the custom classes.
Message 11 of 58 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6459 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Custom Loadout
Message 12 of 58 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6459 posts

Jul 16, 2013
If you don't know about custom loadouts then let's start there with the advice. There's a LOT more after that (including buying armor, upgrading guns, advantageous team or individual boosters...).
Message 13 of 58 (275 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 16, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

This is only about the multiplayer, let me make that clear.  The singleplayer of TLoU is one of the best games available.

The multiplayer is a flaming pile though.  There's absolutely no learning curve, and I have no idea what is going on.  I spawn in and am dead within a second.  A melee plant kills me in one hit, but I put five into someone's chest and they were fine.  Reviving someone takes longer than it does to finish the sp campaign.  Molotovs destroy the entire map.  I'd say I'm exaggerating with some of these, but I'm not.  My team lost 0:16, which means it is not my fault.  The other team seemed ridiculously overpowered, to the point that they were confident enough to storm us guns blazing and had no fear of death.

To make this thread into a question, anyone got any advice?  LOL... I know the only advice is that I need to get better, but that's a lame suggestion.  A good game will allow you to adapt into its multiplayer, not punish you for trying.

It might seem counter-intutiive, but maybe try survivors mode.  It might seem more hardcore to play no-respawn mode, but i find it's a slower pace and more careful, and you can follow your teammates and see what they do (just dont run if they are sneaking).

The reason is, supply raid has a sort of rhythm to it that is hard to get used to at first, it moves faster, and those that have been playing it a lot know how to game some of the systems to min/max supplies/weapons/lines-of-sight/etc.  Some of the same issues are present in survivors, but since supplies are harder to come by and dont stack round to round (it's best of 7)...plus you know you are generally 2 teams headed towards each other from oppositie ends of the map, while in supply raid, people will spawn behind you all th time.

my .02

Message 14 of 58 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Is the MP really that hard for some people?

I don't know why I just find it really hard to believe when I see sub 1 KDR's I'm just like.. Yeah they can't be trying, they are just messing around.

Message 15 of 58 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
580 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

@thesuzukimethod Very good point. I was actually very bad at supply raid when I started playing the MP. I then played survivor for at least a week straight and now supply raid is much more fun for me now since I'm more careful.

Message 16 of 58 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 16, 2013

The basic mechanics are pretty straightforward, but i think there is a big difference between jumping into it at the same time as everyone else (when the game first came out) vs. jumping in now for the first time, when those of us playing for weeks now, have learned some of the tricks, the patterns, the geometry exploits, etc.

Going up against people who were all learning this at the same time put everyone on more or less equal ground.  Trying to learn these tricks (and the game systems) when other people have it polished is hard.  

Note: i think this is probably true of every MP game that exists....

Message 17 of 58 (254 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Jul 16, 2013

i didnt find the learning curve that steep, I started with the stealth auto loadout and found if I crouched a lot the opposing team wouldnt see me very much and I was free to get a feel for the game whilst watching what my team mates do.

My advice to a new player, go support. Craft as much as possible and gift items to your team, revive team mates and learn where the item boxes are. Use every perk that allows you to do this better: Crafting/Runner/collector for me, with no large gun and a revolver or shorty as my small gun.

That seems to me the best way to earn parts which in turn opens up more weapons and loadout points for you to then create your own custom load out to suit your play style.

Also sounds like your not buying armor.

Message 18 of 58 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 17, 2013

@Aureilia It's truly that hard, for me at least.  I am trying my **bleep** off, and to no avail.  Five matches and I have two kills.  I've shot probably a hundred bullets, but the enemy either strafes out of the way magically, as if they know ahead of time when I am going to fire, or the bullet sink into them as if I am shooting a robot.

Also, what are KDRs?

@homes500 The Custom Loadout seemed like a bad idea lol.  Spend precious money on gear that I still won't win with.  Perhaps I'll give it a shot after all.

@thesuzukimethod I've only played Supply Raid, so perhaps I should give Survivor a chance.  You're right that it does feel counter-intuitive, as if it would be the harder mode.  I'll give that a shot the next time I play.

Message 19 of 58 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 17, 2013

@Alcavez Didn't know I could buy armor, but I doubt I can afford it.  I've lost five matches and only have two kills.  Surely I have to win a bunch before I can start buying things like armor haha.

Message 20 of 58 (221 Views)
0 Likes