Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
4129 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
With all these new skills and weapons, hopefully ND FINALLY does the right thing and let's us NAME OUR LOADOUTS!
Message 61 of 182 (1,083 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/01/2013
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

It seems like there is some confusion. 

The new shotgun is a primary loadout. Not a pay wep.

 photo new sig 2_zpsrq3egqdm.jpg
Message 62 of 182 (1,061 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
256 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

I am excited for the new maps but I'm really hesitant about the new guns and skills. The guns not so much as the skills. The balancing, or lack thereof, is going to be a pain. As a very active player, myself and many others will experience HUGE growing pains with this DLC. For new and casual gamers this is all great news. But I see a ton of frustration in the very near future.

 

I mean they put a launcher in the game and added agility promoting faster movement. Those 2 things alone drastically could change the pace of the game. What I DON'T want to happen is for this to turn into COD. The pacing of this game is its biggest attraction for me.

Message 63 of 182 (1,056 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7855 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Ben_Mc25 wrote:

It seems like there is some confusion. 

The new shotgun is a primary loadout. Not a pay wep.


Classic, deadly, double-barrel shotgun. Only 1 loadout point. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 64 of 182 (1,036 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2009
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Sylense wrote:

I am excited for the new maps but I'm really hesitant about the new guns and skills. The guns not so much as the skills. The balancing, or lack thereof, is going to be a pain. As a very active player, myself and many others will experience HUGE growing pains with this DLC. For new and casual gamers this is all great news. But I see a ton of frustration in the very near future.

 

I mean they put a launcher in the game and added agility promoting faster movement. Those 2 things alone drastically could change the pace of the game. What I DON'T want to happen is for this to turn into COD. The pacing of this game is its biggest attraction for me.


COD?  I was thinking more of the lines of Uncharted-ish.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 65 of 182 (1,028 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

Sylense wrote:

I am excited for the new maps but I'm really hesitant about the new guns and skills. The guns not so much as the skills. The balancing, or lack thereof, is going to be a pain. As a very active player, myself and many others will experience HUGE growing pains with this DLC. For new and casual gamers this is all great news. But I see a ton of frustration in the very near future.

 

I mean they put a launcher in the game and added agility promoting faster movement. Those 2 things alone drastically could change the pace of the game. What I DON'T want to happen is for this to turn into COD. The pacing of this game is its biggest attraction for me.


COD?  I was thinking more of the lines of Uncharted-ish.


UC3 MP is a 3rd person CoD.

Message 66 of 182 (1,026 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/15/2011
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

So all the new weapons are purchasable slot only? Weak.

Message 67 of 182 (1,005 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/10/2014
Offline
704 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
With all the new perks n such I'm kinda hoping well get and extra couple loadout points, I think it would make all these new skills more viable
Message 68 of 182 (1,018 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
3463 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014
The Enforcer (lol) and Kal-7, uh I mean uh yeah, those both are new loadout weapons. Although that double barreled (which I seen coming!) seems to worry me, that should be 2 points if were setting the standards for purchasables.

Everything else I think is good, Agility might be a good counter to the incoming smoke bomb fix (assuming if your in cover your safe from smoke bombs) as vaulting will still smoke you. I just hope the no smoke out thing is the 3rd level to that skill, otherwise that might be a problem (than again I don't get downed by the nail bombs people drop in front of me before they die, so hopefully we have nothing to worry about).
Message 69 of 182 (1,001 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2009
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

As someone who was one of the first people who unlocked the 13th loadout point, I am against any more loadout points.  Boosters and purchasables are meant to slightly give you an edge in a certain area.  

 

We don't need SAR users running around with shotguns, with covert 3, EE2, and bomb expert lol

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 70 of 182 (991 Views)
Reply
0 Likes