May 09 2014
By: Sentiel Lombax Warrior 190 posts

I'm back. :)

9 replies 240 views Edited May 9, 2014

Hey board. I'm back...for a bit. :smileyhappy:

I decided to give TLoU a second chance after seeing all the new stuff that arrived with the new DLC.

Although some of them leave me a bit puzzle, so I'd like to use this opportunity to ask you guys a few questions.

1. Is Shiv Dance still gone? No more neck stabbing counter to overly fisty people?

2. What happened to Machete? It is definitely weaker and it seems to have gotten faster too, although it isn't always the case. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's the same as it was before.

3. I hope it was some sort of lag, butcould it be that we can't avoid getting stunned by Smoke Bombs with jumping over cover anymore? How should I deal with them without that little gimmick? It would be quite unfair if we can't escape Smoke Bombs, especially with stuff like Bomb Master and Explosion Expert around.

4. Does Covert 3 block the new detection skills Damage Marker and Awareness?

5. Does Damage Marker and Hawkeye stack and work together?

The new skills seem to be fine so far. I especially like Agility paired with Covert. <3

The new weapons added a fresh breath to the MP. Out of 5 games I played so far, I was the ONLY guy using SAR and Shotgun. No Flamethrower either. Lot of Enforcers and Full Auto Rifles, with some snipers at the side. It was really refreshing to NOT play the usual rush into melee range with nailboards and Shotguns game as it was when I left, shortly after releasing Left Behind. Good job ND!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

Re: I'm back. :)

May 10, 2014

1. Shiv dance technically still works, but there's a stipulation that if you get hurt by the guy you're trying to dance shiv, you will be unable to shiv him for 3 seconds.

2.They just tweaked the machete to interrupt melee animations and gave it a faster 3-hit combo instead of the 2-hit combo so that it could be better than a modded 2x4.

3.they also removed the invincibility of avoiding smoke bombs by vaulting over cover.

4.covert blocks damage marker, not awareness.

5.yes damage marker and hwakeye work together.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (223 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 10, 2014
In the Twitch stream, one of the developers said that Covert counters Awareness. Someone confirm.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

May 10, 2014
Not true^ I was using awareness 2 and i could see this pesky Covert 3 sniper's nametag across the map in lakeside.
TLOU is the worst COD rip-off I have ever seen
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 10, 2014
I'll trial it in a custom. I gotta see it with my own eyes hehe
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

May 10, 2014
Thanks for the answers guys. Isn't now Smoke Bomb a problem to fight against then? I mean, with the new Bomb Expert, that makes you immune against your own Smoke Bombs and shortens it's fuse, wouldn't removing the ability to avoid getting stunned make it unfair? I can imagine people abusing this to get easy and cheap shiv kills.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

May 10, 2014

no

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

May 10, 2014

Welcome back :smileyhappy: To answer someone in this thread :- the ND Dev said Covert Training 3 is protected against damage marker because damage marker is about marking and Covert Training 3 protects from marking but Awareness is not about marking its to do with nametags so people using Awareness can easily see Covert Training 3 users.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
941 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014

Sentiel wrote:

Hey board. I'm back...for a bit. :smileyhappy:

I decided to give TLoU a second chance after seeing all the new stuff that arrived with the new DLC.

Although some of them leave me a bit puzzle, so I'd like to use this opportunity to ask you guys a few questions.

1. Is Shiv Dance still gone? No more neck stabbing counter to overly fisty people?

2. What happened to Machete? It is definitely weaker and it seems to have gotten faster too, although it isn't always the case. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's the same as it was before.

3. I hope it was some sort of lag, butcould it be that we can't avoid getting stunned by Smoke Bombs with jumping over cover anymore? How should I deal with them without that little gimmick? It would be quite unfair if we can't escape Smoke Bombs, especially with stuff like Bomb Master and Explosion Expert around.

The new skills seem to be fine so far. I especially like Agility paired with Covert. <3

The new weapons added a fresh breath to the MP. Out of 5 games I played so far, I was the ONLY guy using SAR and Shotgun. No Flamethrower either. Lot of Enforcers and Full Auto Rifles, with some snipers at the side. It was really refreshing to NOT play the usual rush into melee range with nailboards and Shotguns game as it was when I left, shortly after releasing Left Behind. Good job ND!

First of all :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Sentiel, my old friend! *dance in happiness*

YOU ARE ONE IF NOT THE COOLEST PLAYER IN THIS GAME!! God of Bow!

Shiv dance is apparently possible with lag.

And you can still shiv dance an enemy who hasn't damage you. It's still possible.

Machete is quick 3 hits instead of 2 slower hits.

I have not tried the new Machete so I can't tell you exactly how much better/worse it becomes.

My friend, the best thing to do to counter Smoke Bombs (or any explosives) is to run away! Get out of that radius. It helped me numerous time!

Apparently people are talking that CT3 doesn't block out Awareness. Because it's not marking but nametag showing up on screen. I haven't tried Awareness, we shall see.

Supposedly it does gives you more parts using  both perks but it cost a lot of Loadout Points (to me) equipping BOTH.

Play soon my friend? :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

May 10, 2014

Hello mrsjimmymare. :smileyhappy:

I'm glad to see you're still up and pwning people in TLoU.

Thank you for answering my questions. As for Shiv Dance, I used it as a counter against fists and the occasional Flamethrower, nothing else. This means it's still useless and I'll have to rely on Shotgun / Flame for CQC. -__-

Bow huh? I doubt I can hit a standing guy with it now, but I'll give it a shot, or two. I hope to meet you online soon. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (75 Views)
0 Likes