Reply
Jul 03 2013
By: cdub420-- I Only Post Everything 866 posts
Offline

How "Rank" Works in MP

37 replies 583 views Edited Jul 3, 2013

 

The number next to your name is just an indication of how many missions you've attempted. That is all good day!

Message 1 of 38 (583 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013
Good day.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 2 of 38 (582 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17632 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013
Um...ok.


[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 3 of 38 (580 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20406 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

 

The number next to your name is just an indication of how many missions you've attempted. That is all good day!


 

No, it's not. It's the amount of weeks you've completed in Multiplayer. Missions have nothing to do with it.

 

Why everyone keeps saying this without any proof is beyond me.

Message 4 of 38 (574 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013
Nope its weeks. If you pass day one of any week you go up the corresponding level.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 5 of 38 (565 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/03/2013
Offline
90 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013

Level changes on day 2 of each week.

 

Week 3, Day 4 is level 2.

 

Week 3, Day 4, after having gone through 12 weeks, is level 14 with 1 star.

Message 6 of 38 (559 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/30/2010
Offline
112 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013

Zenn3000 wrote:

Level changes on day 2 of each week.

 

Week 3, Day 4 is level 2.

 

Week 3, Day 4, after having gone through 12 weeks, is level 14 with 1 star.


But then why is it that I see some people with a 14 or a 15 but with no star? And I even saw some people where the lines became an "X".

Message 7 of 38 (530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20406 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013

TheGuzzz wrote:

Zenn3000 wrote:

Level changes on day 2 of each week.

 

Week 3, Day 4 is level 2.

 

Week 3, Day 4, after having gone through 12 weeks, is level 14 with 1 star.


But then why is it that I see some people with a 14 or a 15 but with no star? And I even saw some people where the lines became an "X".


 

They most likely failed to survive the 12 week cycle and were not rewarded the dot.

 

The crossed lines/other line formations are higher ranks of the 12 weeks cycle, which are given after 3 dots, or 3 12 week cycles.

Message 8 of 38 (523 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/07/2012
Offline
1351 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013
No star means their clan was wiped out. An X means they've completed 4 12 week sets.
Message 9 of 38 (518 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20406 posts
 

Re: How "Rank" Works in MP

Jul 3, 2013
Here's the ranks for completing 12 week cycles.

http://imgur.com/a/hS88H#0
Message 10 of 38 (514 Views)