Jun 19 2013
By: fancy_bandage First Son 12 posts

Effective Clan Building Strategies ... that might annoy some people

5 replies 2350 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

I wanted to write an amateur "Guide" on how to effectively build your clan up for the sake of the associated esthetic unlocks. I don't claim that my way is the best way, but it has worked well for me, and might work well for you.

First of all, this guide assumes you are an able bodied player who has a decent chance of winning a 1 on 1 encounter. If you're new to the game and are struggling in general, I suggest getting comfortable with the playstyle of this game's unique brand of MP before attempting what I have to say.

The first step is to play Survivors, NOT Supply Raid. In Supply Raid you are going to be brought down by either some clown who wants to play Lone Ranger and repeatedly destroy the respawn pool, or some guy who's just flat out terrible and will do the same thing. Survivors ensures that in any given match, you will spawn at least 4 times. Also, in my experience people playing Survivors seem to do a slightly better job of sticking together since they know they can't just respawn, and revives become more important.

The second step is to be willing to "throw" the Round/Match. What I mean is, if you're team is just steam rolling the other team, then stop trying so hard! More rounds = more chances to get parts/supplies before the "day" is over. Remember, this guide is about Clan Size and unlocks, not K/Ds or bragging rights. When you are sure that your active participation would ensure victory, then don't actively participate and instead focus on farming parts - more on that later.

The third step is to use a loadout which maximizes your ability to farm parts. My record for a Survivors match was 7480 parts, and the next highest person was the highest scoring member of the opposing team with 4275 parts. With those parts and the supplies I looted off of bodies, I ended up with a ridiculous amount of supplies. My primary focus in all my high scoring matches is never mangling the other team. Oh, no, quite the opposite! I delight in seeing the other team mangle my team mates, because then I can bandage them! If they go down, I will risk life and limb to get over and revive them, because even if I die, oh well, maybe we'll play another round because of it (I usually don't die, though). Also, make sure to hit every supply box possible, ESPECIALLY when the other team is down to one player. Do not waste time hunting him down if there are still crafts possible. Lastly, mark enemies and bombs if there's not much else to do, that will gen parts.

This is what I recommend for a loadout, in order of importance:

First Aid 2 or 3

Collector

Reviver (any rank you can work in, you want at least 1)

Marathon Runner (if you have the loadout points for it, it's good for clearing half the map to revive/bandage someone)

Personally I use First Aid 3, Collector 2, Reviver 1, and Marathon Runner 1 with a 9mm.

Don't bother with anything beyond a revolver or a 9mm, it's a waste of points. When you bandage someone with that load out, you will get 50 points per "tick", and the ticks come quickly. Hit your first 2 nearest supply boxes when you spawn, and then go from there. First round DEFINITELY stay with your team, and try to stick with a crouch walker, let the Sprinting Lone Rangers die :3

If your team wins the first round, focus more on getting to supply boxes to craft items to generate parts. Forget crafting items that you want to use, and craft items that use the least materials like Shivs, First Aid Kids, and Smoke Bombs.

If you follow this advice, and get down the finesse required to decide when to actively participate versus farming parts through crafting and marking, you'll soon find yourself getting a lot more Supplies Per Day than you were getting just joining in the mindless kill fest of the Assault loadout on Supply Raid. Happy Clan Growing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 6 (2,350 Views)
Wastelander
529 posts

Re: Effective Clan Building Strategies ... that might annoy some people

Jun 19, 2013
Out of curiosity, how many points would you expect per game from doing this?

My last recorded game i looked at was supply drop, but i was concentrating on crafting/gifting, only had 5 kilss but still came top with just under 4k points
'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 2 of 6 (2,324 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 19, 2013
I'm curious how many supplies you can get on average? I generally end up with 5100 supplies per game in raid mode but I haven't done Survivors. We have a group of 4 people who are all good the problem is that we don't die/get shot enough for me to bandage them up and if that's the case Survivors may be an option.
Twitter: brettimus9
Message 3 of 6 (2,313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 19, 2013
If you want to maintain over 130+ then check this out

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/13th-in-the-world-here-s-some-tips...

But great guide some of those things defo annoy people but kudos Smiley Wink
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 4 of 6 (2,287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jun 19, 2013

fancy_bandage wrote:and then go from there. First round DEFINITELY stay with your team, and try to stick with a crouch walker, let the Sprinting Lone Rangers die :3

Uhhh no **bleep** off all you crouch walking noobs. First thing a real player does is sprint to supplies, sprint to the best position and THEN wait for contact. When I'm fighting on the front line and I watch my team mates crouch walking all the way from spawn for no reason all I can do is cry.

On the other hand, noobs that try to crouch walk across open spaces or slowly around corners are so laughably easy to put down, so please, continue. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,219 Views)
Wastelander
901 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Note: Marking bombs does not give you points.

Message 6 of 6 (1,626 Views)
0 Likes