Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jul 6, 2013

Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 191 of 339 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Peasant_- wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

It DOES promote poor sportsmanship and d-baggery but overall I just don't care.

This unsupported premise is exactly the reason that all your arguments are invalid. Unless you've actually got the statistics on how much of the general population actually give a **bleep** about leaderboards or at the very least massive correlations between people with high executions vs low revives then you're just making **bleep** up to support your argument. 

The observation is that people are stupid and will steal executions over reviving. I myself have made similar observations in many games over the years, some of which tracked KD and some that did not. How you get from that to "DELET ALL THE LEADERBOARDS" is a mystery. 

You win. I'm not debating this topic anymore. Logic escapes you.

Message 192 of 339 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Nope. If anything, add W/L; I enjoy lots of statistics.

Message 193 of 339 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Guys, Peasant hasn't confirmed us as good!! Therefore our argument is invalid!

Son, I am disappoint.

Cretin.
Message 194 of 339 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2759 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Yes it needs to be removed. K/D in my opinion is the reason why mp games like TLOU, or slower paced games never promote team play. Takes me back to one game I jumped in. And I was on the losing team. I was heading towards a teammate and there was an enemy on the roof of a house not in his line of sight. As I'm approaching, I see the enemy in my line of sight so I start to shoot. The guy gets on the mic complaining about how I'm taking his kill. Really? Like let me just wait there and not engage while he figures out where he is to take him out, while he is clearly in my line of sight. Add the fact that I was level 4 and he was a level 78! People like that need to get over theirselves. 

If the K/D is removed, then people would not worry about executions and focus more on team play. Isn't that what the game is for? 

I'd like to play with team oriented players. Add me. Thanks.

MAzing87
Message 195 of 339 (132 Views)
Wastelander
494 posts

Jul 6, 2013
YOU DONT NEED A STAT TO PROMOTE TEAMWORK! YOU NEED A TEAM!
I *NEVER have an issue getting Executions stolen. I found a perfect solution. I play with a team.
There's no reason for complaint, you guys just don't play at full potential. None of you have even acknowledged the fact that you're playing with people who could care less about you. Change that.
Quit crying about teamwork when you have no idea of who your teammates are.
If I made the same mistake as you, I'd prolly have a .50 kd too.
Message 196 of 339 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Jul 6, 2013
If you are that worried about people that don't play as a team, then find some friends to play with. There are always going to be selfish players and trolls every game you play, whether there is a KDR or not. Now I'm not saying if you get rid of the KDR, that there won't be a decrease in selfish players.
Message 197 of 339 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 6, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Guys, Peasant hasn't confirmed us as good!! Therefore our argument is invalid!

Son, I am disappoint.

Cretin.

Nice counter points, **bleep**. You know you dodged the whole post lol

Message 198 of 339 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 6, 2013

DOPESTSOLDIER wrote:
YOU DONT NEED A STAT TO PROMOTE TEAMWORK! YOU NEED A TEAM!
I *NEVER have an issue getting Executions stolen. I found a perfect solution. I play with a team.
There's no reason for complaint, you guys just don't play at full potential. None of you have even acknowledged the fact that you're playing with people who could care less about you. Change that.
Quit crying about teamwork when you have no idea of who your teammates are.
If I made the same mistake as you, I'd prolly have a .50 kd too.

^Thank you. They still haven't explained the entire premise of their huge whine, that people only ignore them when they need revives because of the leaderboards. Solid logic rofl. 

Message 199 of 339 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Southpawls comment:

"**** status: cemented.

P.S.: I'm the only one around here who can use a PSN ID with S, O, U, A, and W being used in chronological order. Get a different name."

I probably had my name before you were born son (I turn 92 tomorrow). Also by that comment your kd must be bad (watch his retaliation comment "BROSKI ITS LIKE 3.28 GIGGIDY")

To the fools moaning

"Omfg removing kd will promote team play"

The objective of the game is kill the other enemy team. I would prefer if my team had a high KD on average (Shows consistency) than any of the other useless stats. I have a relatively high KD and I dominate every game (usually my team are noobs because the match making is a joke but thats another topic).

Parts per minute : Heal .whor.es who heal / revive you when the enemy is right up your **bleep** or a grenade is at your feet. Scavanger whor.es who run around the map opening boxes to get the parts and kill your downs for the 'blue stuff.

The real reason why people want KD removed is because they know they have to try and do well or there KD will be a joke. Thats it, its as simple as that, if KD wasnt there then:

1. The game would be alot more easy going and not as competitive (name a good shooter game without KD that is competitive)

2. You wouldnt be sweating every time you died (is it just me? Guess im a ****......)

3. Overall the matches would be alot more easy imo. People will be running around with molotovs with there Rock Balboa caps on throwing nades and beating **bleep** out of everyone they see because its funny and there is no penalty in dying.

I get it though KD does make the game more stressful (for those who cares and everyone does, yet those who say they dont are on this exact thread wanting it removed). Seriously a stat that should be included should be:

Disconnect percentage. Since the new patch every loser signs out of PSN to avoid penalty and I bet all of you ' Omg i dont care about kd im a teeeeeemplayer' **** will have 90%.
'

Edit: removed profanity

U--J

Message 200 of 339 (87 Views)
0 Likes