Jun 15 2013
By: woosaah First Son 6 posts

Cannot connect to matchmaking server

[ Edited ]
6 replies 3498 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

Hi,

I got this game yesterday and have been trying to connect to play online. I have had three games. First game half way through lost connection and everyone was just standing about, couldnt do anything. And the next two games were fine.

My problem is that I have only found those 3 games. Nothing else, there looks to be thousands of people playing the game but I cant find a group and keep getting kicked out of multiplayer.

At one point I was trying to invite my friend and it would drop me out back to the main menu, this happened a few times, so it looks like I cant invite or join parties. If I try to join his party it just says it cant connect to user (or something like that)

edit

Sometimes when I go into supply raid or survivors it will come up searching for Optimal Game and thats it, other times it will say searching for players with the white bar going from right to left (which I thought was backwards instead of a bar filling it looks like its emptying) not sure if this helps.

end edit

My PS3 has a static IP set on the router and also set up in the DMZ with a NAT type of 2. Is there any other reason that I could be having this problem?

I have also disabled any downloads my ps3 was doing.

Message 1 of 7 (3,498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Cannot connect to matchmaking server

Jul 2, 2013

hey,

Im afraid i dont have any help for you but i wanted to share i am experiencing the same thing. i managed to get a good run in yesterday but then it will crash looking for an "optimal game" (HA!). I never had trouble until the update 1.02 which i have tried deleting and re downloading.

To add insult to injury instead of just kicking me back to the main menu and logging me out of the PSN, i have my internet completely knocked out and have to restart my router to get it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this game is awesome online and very addictive.

cheers

Message 2 of 7 (3,117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2013

This happened to me too. I played multiplayer for afew days but now I can't get into a single game! It's really frustrating! When I try to play it won't connect to matchmaking server, has no pictures or sound on loading screen, cannot see character in customization screen and when I try to exit to title screen the playstation freezes and I have to switch it off. I don't understand how it can suddenly just stop working. I deleted and reinstalled the game and patch but multiplayer still won't work and when I google the problem all I get in the search results is rubbish about the stupid sex phone numbers or what ever being removed and how the new patch fixed all the connection problems.... well it actually started mine! I want to know when this is going to be fixed, there is nothing wrong with my internet connection, it is wired ADSL2, all other games work online and so does the playstation store. This is the best multiplayer I've ever played, so much team work and comradery and now coach has put me on the bench to just watch and hear about everyone else play. It seems alot of people are having this problem, I have an old ps3 but it works fine, so if it only affects people with old ps3's that's a real kick in the teeth to gamers who have been supporting ps3 for years, I just want to come home from work and enjoy some online gaming, PLEASE naughtydog see if you can fix this soon Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7 (3,051 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Success!!!! \(^_^!)/

I deleted game data and the new patch and reinstalled it THREE times,

then BOOOOOOSH!!!

It started working again!

so keep trying and good luck!!!!!

Message 4 of 7 (3,029 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 6, 2013
The same thing happened to me, but mostly only when I'm playing with a party. By myself I have no problems and hardly ever get kicked.
It's not my connection because I have the highest speed Internet :/
Message 5 of 7 (3,015 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I have the same problems anyone know any fix ?
Message 6 of 7 (2,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 19, 2015
Update you manual. It worked for me.
Message 7 of 7 (976 Views)
0 Likes