First Son
2 posts

Re: Can't connect to factions, connection bar freezes

May 13, 2016
When you get to the main screen click on factions, then quickly hit the home button. Wait a sec then hit the home button again. A message will appear that says Facebook is no longer available and bam problem solved
Message 61 of 85 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 13, 2016
Select factions then quickly tap home button, wait a few seconds then tap home button again. A message will appear saying Facebook is no longer available hit OK or back and bam problem solved
Message 62 of 85 (1,059 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 15, 2016
Message 63 of 85 (1,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 22, 2016
Posting here as a last resort.
I emailed Naughty Dog, twice, over this issue (ndi-dog@naughtydog.com), however after a combined waiting time of 12 days it's clear theyre not getting back to me. I also created an individual thread fkr this here but it got no replies. Couldn't find any other suitable email addresses and what's more I'm not even able to access the official The Last of Us website for my country, eventually getting onto the USA one which led me here.

I bought The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition from the PS Store for download on my PS3 console over a month ago, with the sole intention of playing the online Factions Multiplayer with my friends (due to my already having finished the campaign). After 2 consecutive weeks of downloading and installing over night and day (due to the quality of my internet connection), I was finally able to play (now taking up almost a third of my hard drive lol).

However whenever I enter the Factions MP the connecting bar makes it about a 5th of the way up then stops. The audio still plays and I can access the XMB fine, however if I try quit the game I get three quick beeps from my PlayStation which then proceeds to restart itself. I am occasionally met with a message saying "Error syncing levels" if I wait long enough, and am then "disconnected" from the servers despite never having seemed to connect in the first place.

I know the problem doesn't lie with my network connection, despite its quality, as I tried it while connected to another and I also get the same result when I attempt to connect using other accounts on my system.

I did some research and the issue seems to be rooted in the recent removal of the Facebook features from the PS3, yet none of the quick fixes suggested by everyone (most involving pressing the XMB button as connection begins then exiting out of it after it passes the part where it usually freezes), work for me, despite my various attempts.

Due to the efforts I went to to be able to play this this is a very frustrating dilemma.
If anyone has any way to get in contact with Naughty Dog, or better, a solution, please let me know.

Thanks

TLDR; Facebook fix not working
Message 64 of 85 (984 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2016

SOLUTION:

this is for PS3 users, not sure about PS4

when you connect to Factions from the home screen and the loading bar begins, hit the PS button on the controller while things load in the background.  2-3 different bars load.  wait until everything stops loading.  You won't see the lobby window just yet.  At this time hit the PS button on the controller again.  A message about lack of Facebook connectivity will pop up.  Close this message.  BOOM, you're back in business to play multiplayerSmiley Very Happy

I was frustrated for weeks, but this trick actually works and works every time.  Would be great if we didn't have to do this trick, but the servers are alive and well and this trick WILL WORK

Message 65 of 85 (955 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 2, 2016
Omg! After weeks i finally looked up some answers! Thank you heterosexual, I pressed the PS button and then Pressed it again and the facebook message popped up. I pushed OK and it brought me to MP Finallyyyyy!! I even bought the online pass because i thought that was the problem, i was playing MP without one before. Stupid facebook why is facebook even there
Message 66 of 85 (894 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2016
U
Message 67 of 85 (870 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2016

Omg! Thank you so much! It actually worked and now I can play multiplayer again after all this time. Seriously thank you so much

Message 68 of 85 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 27, 2016
Thank you for the solution. Any idea if there is a permanent fix or will I have to do this every time?
Message 69 of 85 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 29, 2016

I had same problem and it worked factions would end load it now does just a minutiae ago .  Does anyone know why I can't sign in to ps now on PS3 but I can on ps vita 

Message 70 of 85 (679 Views)
0 Likes