Limit Breaker
17803 posts

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.

What an absolutely nonsensical statement.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 41 of 134 (528 Views)
Last Guardian
7843 posts

Jul 31, 2013

then that's you, nearly everygame, no matter what setup I have I manage to get enough points for an upgrade on 1 of my guns within the first minutes of the match usually after the first encounter.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 42 of 134 (524 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1300 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.

400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...

I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.

I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

Message 43 of 134 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...

I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.

I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it. Think I found 2 100's from the supplies and got to upgrade by healing by the end.

Message 44 of 134 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it.

I smell something... oh it's over-exaggeration.

Seriously, you can't even get a kill with the Burst Rifle unupgraded? I have no words to say then, better keep my mouth shut. Lol.

Message 45 of 134 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Jul 31, 2013

I think Aureilla is trolling us lol

Message 46 of 134 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

No I'm serious. The recoil is way too high and makes me get motion sickness, between feeling ill everytime i try it and not being able to aim it, the combination makes it impossible.

I wonder if I'm really getting attacked for not being able to use something in the game.

Thats pretty sad.

But a laughable truth to how this community usually is with people.

Message 47 of 134 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

No I'm serious. The recoil is way too high and makes me get motion sickness, between feeling ill everytime i try it and not being able to aim it, the combination makes it impossible.

I wonder if I'm really getting attacked for not being able to use something in the game.

Thats pretty sad.

The Burst Rifle was my primary for 24 weeks so know it's weak as f**k but its not impossible to upgrade. Silencing it seems to reduce recoil for me (dunno if that's a fact though or just a placebo effect).

If you're having trouble. Steal peoples executions Lol. Once you get the upgrade you're good to go ;D

Message 48 of 134 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Jul 31, 2013
^ Woah the recoil is not that high but to each his own I guess.
Message 49 of 134 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14566 posts

Jul 31, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Thats pretty sad.

The Burst Rifle was my primary for 24 weeks so know it's weak as f**k but its not impossible to upgrade. Silencing it seems to reduce recoil for me (dunno if that's a fact though or just a placebo effect).

If you're having trouble. Steal peoples executions Lol. Once you get the upgrade you're good to go ;D

I actually thought of a solution. Just didn't try it. Use a different loadout and get the points from that, intentionally die and switch.

Message 50 of 134 (462 Views)