Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Armor Price Debate

Jul 2, 2013
Don't mess with it , it is fine. Please this is not Uncharted 4!
Message 31 of 82 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

If the thing is useful in a very general way, I don't think it should be made special (very expensive). Or else, having a good enough start to buy armor could end up putting your opponent (not able to buy armor) in an exceedingly difficult situation for a comeback. Kinda like killstreaks. If you'd make something only cool players would get, to feel special, it would be an anti-comeback mechanic.

I think it is OK the way it is. Buying it once per match should be easy. And in a tight game, you will prbably still need to choose between buying armor or buying other stuff. I don't think it is currently a no brainer. Think not only about buying armor or not buying it for a whole match,... but about spending the whole game with armor, or sometimes choose to stay without it for a while, so that you can buy other things.

There is a choice to be made and it varies.

BTW, the Bow takes armor off with one shot.

About the molo, sometimes I see it killing the guy despite armor, sometimes I see the amor coming off and protecting the guy. It seems quite random. No wonder it is a bug (as that Dev said here).

And about the whole buying vs crafting thing... I think buying stuff is using the stuff you simbolically find when you go scavenge stuff for your clan. Kinda like... I got this stuff for my clan, but in trouble now and I really need to use it, so I'll use it. It was already there in your backpack. While crafting is actually stuff you craft with the materials you find in those crates.

Message 32 of 82 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

If the thing is useful in a very general way, I don't think it should be made special (very expensive). Or else, having a good enough start to buy armor could end up putting your opponent (not able to buy armor) in an exceedingly difficult situation for a comeback. Kinda like killstreaks. If you'd make something only cool players would get, to feel special, it would be an anti-comeback mechanic.

I think it is OK the way it is. Buying it once per match should be easy. And in a tight game, you will prbably still need to choose between buying armor or buying other stuff. I don't think it is currently a no brainer. Think not only about buying armor or not buying it for a whole match,... but about spending the whole game with armor, or sometimes choose to stay without it for a while, so that you can buy other things.

There is a choice to be made and it varies.

BTW, the Bow takes armor off with one shot.

Yes, yes and yes to this. If armor becomes really expensive to get, then only the very good players will get them and then the not as good players have very little chance to comeback. Leave the game to skill. And the game stays at skill more so if the armor stays in range for everyone to get

And yes, the bow does as well, but I didnt mention it bc I have no idea the cost of the arrows. Cant remember

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 33 of 82 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Turtle-Shield wrote:

Shooting people in their legs does less damage. And by the time you would kill the by shooting them in the legs your dead because that guy has been shooting you in the upper body/face.

Armor is the only REALLY unballanced thing in the game. Giving people extra health is a no no. 

I would like them to take armor completely out of the game but thats no going to happen so I think it should cost at least 700 to purchase it because it gives you a HUGE advantage. 

What is the problem? Anyone can purchase the armor so how is it an advantage to one player over another, if you don't purchase it it is your problem. 

Message 34 of 82 (161 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Bump! Im seein ppl making new threads, and that gets tiresome so if you have any more ideas, add them here or to other pre-existin g threads, dont make new ones! Not needed!

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 35 of 82 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Armor costs a lot of parts, costs more every time you buy it, only protects you from a couple extra shots and is completely ignored by more than a handful of weapons. Stop whining about someone having an advantage over you because they spent some of their parts on armor and you didn't.

Message 36 of 82 (138 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Too bad melee upgrades and shivs don't ignore that overpowered armor..... :/ And molotovs have completely downed me wearing full armor with full health multiple times. Without armor they kill you completely when directly hit.
Message 37 of 82 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6244 posts

Jul 5, 2013

pats47432 wrote:
Too bad melee upgrades and shivs don't ignore that overpowered armor..... :/ And molotovs have completely downed me wearing full armor with full health multiple times. Without armor they kill you completely when directly hit.

everything ignores armour except for nail bombs and bullets.

melee and shivs go right through armour

photo Sniper.png
Message 38 of 82 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 17, 2013
I think its ok as it is now do not tweak the games armor in MP. I know it can get anoying sometimes in MP when everyone in the enemy team have armor and u shoot first but they take you down instead. The only thing that needs help in MP is the burst rifle because it sucks in MP.
Message 39 of 82 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Armor is not so bad when people are using purchaseable weapons. Everyone should have a loadout with their favorite one because those weapons shred armor.
Message 40 of 82 (92 Views)
0 Likes