Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6261 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

Jun 27, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
B. After that it's just its RoF like any other gun. The draw speed isn't slow either.

 


No, it is. When faced against a rifle user, it is noticeable and puts it at a disadvantage. Even with the RoF, the draw speed is less than the time between shots of the rifle. Which means the rifle user can fire more quickly than the bow user, which means you get more sway and less accurate, which means you're down.


It's about the time between the start of burst between the burst rifle. The bow has no recoil so you never have to worry about compensating for that, but the Semi has recoil and a reticle that widens as you move and fire. Only the pain wobble. The Bow only needs two shots, the Semi needs four shots. If you're on later then join me in a custom :smileywink:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 61 of 66 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Online
4835 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

Jun 27, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
It's about the time between the start of burst between the burst rifle. The bow has no recoil so you never have to worry about compensating for that, but the Semi has recoil and a reticle that widens as you move and fire. Only the pain wobble. The Bow only needs two shots, the Semi needs four three shots. If you're on later then join me in a custom :smileywink:

Fixed. And yeah sure, will do.




Message 62 of 66 (386 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4593 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
 

1. Wow. A typical Southpaw rant. You continue to make personal insults. Act like you're big man on campus. Defend yourself against insults I never even used against you. Then to finish up you counter points I never made.

 

2. I never called you a **bleep**, you always argue with me (it takes two and you love to start it), I never said that the Bow or Hunting Rifle need to do less damage to armor (go ahead find a quote if you can), I was right about the Burst Rifle not doing enough damage to armor as I got a reply from MacGruber saying it was a bug, and the only change I've been asking for the Bow this whole time is to tie it's damage to how long you draw your arrow. Meaning that only when it's rapid fired will it be effected. Just because I bring up advantages it has, doesn't mean I'm asking for those advantages to go away. Try reading things a little slower. Normal bow shots would still do full damage.

 

3. The reason why people don't openly disagree with you, is because they know how much of a petty child you turn into when it last more than two replies. Stop being so goddamn immature and making every post about personal **bleep**. Not I nor anyone else reading gives two **bleep** about your personal feelings about another forumer.


1. Publicly accuses me of having a "personal vendetta," ridicules me for arguing exactly why it isn't a personal vendetta in the exact same way you started the accusation to begin with (publicly), whilst completely ignoring every single point I made in the "typical Southpaw rant." We're off to a great start here.

 

2. Did I say you called me a d*uchebag? No, I said, "go ahead and call me a d*uchebag if you like." Two completely different statements there, SKIN. Jesus. This is the guy telling me to read more slowly. As for a point that you "never made," I'll just quote what you said on page 1 of this topic (message 9):


xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
The Bow is too powerful for a number of reasons. It can be rapid fired extremely easily, it takes out armor in a single hit...

You listed those specific advantages as two different points, thanks to separating them with a comma. If you were being truthful (or at least more careful with your words), you would have actually said, "it takes out armor in a single hit while it's being rapid fired instead of drawn back all the way." That would have clarified your point--the one that you are now saying you've had this whole time--much more easily. The way in which you communicate whatever point you're arguing for simply is not clear. The above quote alone disproves what your claim that you "never said that the bow needs to do less damage to armor." You actually did say that, whether you meant it or not.

 

And you know what? I'm not going to even talk about all the things you neglected to reply to. They speak for themselves.

 

3. Oh, so that's the reason why. Gee, how enlightening. I'd loooooooooooooove to see the data you collected to come to this conclusion. GOODKyle? Lawl. You'd have a more reputable source of information if you got it from the National Enquirer.

Message 63 of 66 (304 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/10/2009
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

Jun 27, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
Arrows and crossbow bolts actually go through body armor easily in real life, SKIN.

Yeah but instead of going through it at a reduced damage, they completely break it in a single arrow.

 

And in real life arrows need to be fully drawn for maximum damage, otherwise they'd fall limp or not pierce. The armor part is mainly an issue due to the rapid fire. If you had to fully draw arrows for full damage, with no adjustment to the draw time or reload, it would be much fairer.


And in real life, you don't get a chance to revive if you get shot in the dome by a hunting rifle.

 

Body armor can be broken by any gun in this game after getting a few hits. In real life, body armor doesn't suddenly shatter like porcelain after getting one too many hits, but that's how this game works. The bow is more powerful than most of the weapons in the game. Do the math.


...so you're pointing out that real life has no bearing on game mechanics, yet you were the one who brought real life into the discussion? 

 

Body armor cannot be broken by any gun after getting a few hits in this game. Have you even used the Burst Rifle? You'd be better off throwing your bullets. The bow has high damage and solid RoF with it's only weakness being it's arc and travel time at long ranges, so I did the math and the calculator says that the game's balance is off.


Wrong. I one shot body armor off with a Hunting Rifle all day everyday. The burst rifle is actually one burst armor off. I've run up behind people with it while they were wearing body armor and hit all 3 shots of one burst and ripped off their chest pieces. Then killed them with the second burst. The game has perfect balance. The only thing I see being an issue is the fact that purchasables and armor are SOOO cheap to buy. The only thing I'd like to see is in Survivors you could only buy body armor once. It gets tiring seeing an entire team running body armor every round after the first because with crafter you can roll in the parts.

Body Armor in Survivors needs to be either 1000 starting parts or a once a match deal. This is The Last of "US" not The Last of Our Body Armor!
Message 64 of 66 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6261 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

Jun 27, 2013

minivan_survivor wrote:

 The burst rifle is actually one burst armor off. I've run up behind people with it while they were wearing body armor and hit all 3 shots of one burst and ripped off their chest pieces. Then killed them with the second burst. 


Wrong. I sent a message to the ND dev MacGruber and even got confirmation that the Burst Rifle's low damage against armor is a bug. I'm not sure what game you're playing but it takes at least three bursts for armor and two bursts to down. It also takes another full burst to execute if they haven't bled out at all yet.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 65 of 66 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/10/2009
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: A note to Naughty Dog regarding balance.

Jun 27, 2013
Well I must live in the future because I've actually done it twice today. Although the guy could have taken damage aside from me but all I'm saying is I've experienced this first hand.


I'd like to see some people make some noise about increasing the cost of armor by a large margin or making it once a match only.

It just feels wrong when everyone has it and the game changes from "The Last of Us" to "The Last of Our Body Armor".
Body Armor in Survivors needs to be either 1000 starting parts or a once a match deal. This is The Last of "US" not The Last of Our Body Armor!
Message 66 of 66 (89 Views)