Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: smurfmanx Lombax Warrior 253 posts

what's your play style ?

20 replies 390 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Concerning the AI that was spoken about concerning enemies and along with what was shown in gameplay videos.....

referencing the building that had several enemies and joel going from  room to room....

how would you tend to approach the situation ?

would you keep your gun hidden till needed ?  Or would you have it out just in case ?  Remember,  we were told the enemies would respond differently based on your actions ...

I tend to be defensive, so I would probably hide and take them out one by one as they were looking for me or if I could sneak up on them.  I wouldn't show my gun or any other weapons unless I had to.  Which brings me to wonder if you are forced to kill all the enemies before moving to the next scene ?  Could I not kill anyone and proceed to the next scene ?  Would not killing anyone effect the gameplay in later scenes.... ?

I remember one scene in the demo where Joel had to hunt and chase down a guy.... is it possible to bypass chasing him down or do I have to go look for him ?  If I could bypass him, would he show up later on in the game?

Message 1 of 21 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: what's your play style ?

Jan 13, 2013

shoot first ask questions later

Message 2 of 21 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Stealth. Try to avoid conflict wherever possible. Take them out with melee if I have to. Guns as a very last resort.

Message 3 of 21 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jan 14, 2013

smurfmanx wrote:

Concerning the AI that was spoken about concerning enemies and along with what was shown in gameplay videos.....

referencing the building that had several enemies and joel going from  room to room....

would you keep your gun hidden till needed ?  Or would you have it out just in case ?  Remember,  we were told the enemies would respond differently based on your actions ...

I tend to be defensive, so I would probably hide and take them out one by one as they were looking for me or if I could sneak up on them.  I wouldn't show my gun or any other weapons unless I had to.  Which brings me to wonder if you are forced to kill all the enemies before moving to the next scene ?  Could I not kill anyone and proceed to the next scene ?  Would not killing anyone effect the gameplay in later scenes.... ?

I remember one scene in the demo where Joel had to hunt and chase down a guy.... is it possible to bypass chasing him down or do I have to go look for him ?  If I could bypass him, would he show up later on in the game?

about the part in red: I don't know if you have seen it, but there are 2 demo's of the same part of the game, the first demo (shown at e3) was basically killing everyone, but the second demo (which was behind closed doors at e3, made public a month later), joel only threw a bottle in a corner to lure 2 guys away, and took only 1 opponent out silently (he forced him with a gun to his head to another room, there he choked him), all the other opponents he didn't kill, but he did proceed to the next part of the game, so you are not forced to kill everyone I suppose, of course there will be sometimes the need to kill everyone, but I figure there are a lot of parts where you don't have to do that as well

I wonder what will happen when you get spotted and run to the next part of the game, like you said about the guy running away from me, I will wonder what will happen then too

anyway, I'm getting of topic, my playstyle is always very defensive, I will definitely be stealthy, altough I have the occasional aggresive approach and I will slap everyone in the face, I will hardly use guns though, guns are for cowards :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 21 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jan 14, 2013

On my first playthrough, I plan on going Rambo style and killing every single enemy lol. But I also want to complete my first playthrough without dying. I tried to do that on U3 but I couldn't, so I will try my hardest not to die even once on TLoU. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 5 of 21 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Realistic. I like to immerse myself.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 21 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jan 14, 2013

smurfmanx wrote:

I'm very sure that the chasing was because of the player's actions. The last enemy spotted the player, and therefore he ran. Joel could've cornered him, or surprised him, or shot him from behind or taken him out with stealth.

My playstyle? I'm probably a good mix between stealth and gunplay. I'll assess the situation, see if gunplay or stealth is the best (or more exciting) approach.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 7 of 21 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Mine is Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan. Yeah, melee "martial arts" to everyone XD

Message 8 of 21 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 17, 2013

My play style is typically "smart" - as in - I'll confront the enemy when I know I can handle the confrontation, and if I can't handle it, but I need to, I'll do it with stealth and tactics. If it is true that you can only kill infected with firearms and makeshift explosives, then I'll probably stick to stealthy combat and pick off the hunters one by one until they're all down, in order to conserve amo and scavenge their bodies.

Message 9 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9012 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I'll probably switch up between snaeaking and brawls every other encounter, just to keep things fresh.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 10 of 21 (215 Views)
0 Likes