Highlighted
Feb 20 2013
By: smurfmanx Hekseville Citizen 282 posts

video game walkthrough - what do you look for ?

9 replies 277 views Edited Feb 20, 2013

hi all,

What do you look for, like, or would like to see in a game walkthrough with commentary ?

thanks for the input.

Message 1 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Re: video game walkthrough - what do you look for ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Someone who knows what they are doing. Alot of walkthroughs I see have alot of trial and error gameplay. I don't see that as a walkthrough. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (266 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 20, 2013

i know what you mean. 

i'm going to be doing commentaries / walkthroughs on games and was just wondering if people are looking for something not often seen.

i was doing one with alpha protocol using the hd pvr 2... but i sent that back today as it is alot of hassle recording commentary and gameplay and getting the audio to sync up.  i ordered the elgato and that is supposed to make the hd pvr 2 like it's a piece of garbage (if you want to do live commentary).

i should be getting it soon (at the latest just in time for tomb raider)

Message 3 of 10 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Feb 20, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Someone who knows what they are doing. Alot of walkthroughs I see have alot of trial and error gameplay. I don't see that as a walkthrough. 

Agreed, I also don't mind some commentary from the player, but as soon as there is a cutscene or in-game diolouge there shouldn't be any talking.

Message 4 of 10 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 20, 2013

When I search for a walkthrough I expect gameplay footage with constructive tips and strategy guides step by step of the game.

There is a difference between walkthrough and playthrough and many commentators on youtube mess that up.

Message 5 of 10 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Yes I plan on doing a good walkthrough. How do you feel about one that isnt up till a few days or weeks after release? I know many throw up playthroughs to be first. Yet I would need to play the game myself, of course, in order to do a professional walkthrough.
Thanks for all of hour replies.

Once I get the elgato, I can upload some walkthroughs and everyone can let me know what they think.

Message 6 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Walkthroughs and playthroughs are different right?

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 7 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 20, 2013
A playthrough is when someone just plays the game. A walkthrough is supposed to be a person playing the game with helpful tips , informative information about the game, strategies, and methods.

Many people title their video as a walkthrough but often it isn't a real one.

I think no one wants to take the time to do one.
Message 8 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 20, 2013

i meant also to say a walkthrough is a person givig live commentary about the game as they play it.  explaining why they are or arent doing something, various strategies one could do to complete a level or accomplish a task etc.  there is alot one can talk about in a walkthrough that will help a person play the game better as well as get more entertainment from their game.

Message 9 of 10 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Feb 21, 2013

smurfmanx wrote:
A playthrough is when someone just plays the game. A walkthrough is supposed to be a person playing the game with helpful tips , informative information about the game, strategies, and methods.

Many people title their video as a walkthrough but often it isn't a real one.

I think no one wants to take the time to do one.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I might do a playthrough (not walkthrough) of TLoU then, as I just got an Elgato (which is awesome by the way). 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 10 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes