Fender Bender
4134 posts

Re: "My" game of the year. Haters gonna hate

Jun 12, 2013
The fact this game is doing things never before done , and it's massive emotional impact on people. I think it will win
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 11 of 17 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Jun 12, 2013

GTA / TLOU could both be legit GOTY's.. I don't know though..

I think Watch Dogs may want a word with both of them.

Message 12 of 17 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jun 12, 2013

GTAV is the most obvious game that most sites will award GOTY to, seeing how GTAIV and RDR crushed the competition in their respective years.

Bioshock Infinite and TLoU probably will win a few awards in the character and storytelling department at least.

Watch Dogs has potential as well but I fear that it will suffer the same fate as Assassin's Creed 3 - release dates that hinder the ambition of the project, technology limitations, and consumer overexpectations ultimately lead to a product that is only half of what it could've been.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 13 of 17 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

GTAV is the most obvious game that most sites will award GOTY to, seeing how GTAIV and RDR crushed the competition in their respective years.

Bioshock Infinite and TLoU probably will win a few awards in the character and storytelling department at least.

Watch Dogs has potential as well but I fear that it will suffer the same fate as Assassin's Creed 3 - release dates that hinder the ambition of the project, technology limitations, and consumer overexpectations ultimately lead to a product that is only half of what it could've been.

Smiley Sad I just remembered it's Ubisoft, they usually don't put out good products

I wonder if Beyond could actually sneak it... It's apparently not QTE focused like HR so you control battles, and Quantic Dream do usually make fantastic stories out of games and apparently Beyond will be more of a game than the last "games" they have done.

Message 14 of 17 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I hope all the goodwill Sony got from their awesome presentation yesterday carries over to awesome TLOU sales

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 15 of 17 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 12, 2013
I think that is a gross exaggeration. Why many GTA characters are good, I would hardly call them the most memorable in the history of video games. They just don't have the depth of more story based games (especially RPGs) and tend to fall into some stereotypes.
Message 16 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Murphys0Law wrote:
I think that is a gross exaggeration. Why many GTA characters are good, I would hardly call them the most memorable in the history of video games. They just don't have the depth of more story based games (especially RPGs) and tend to fall into some stereotypes.

I wont be forgetting Niko Belic or Brucie Kibbutz in a very long time.

One was absolutely hilarious and I felt Niko's plight throughout the game.

The rest were mostly forgettable though.

GTA 4 had the best character development for the main character that I had seen in a long time. hipsters hate GTA 4 though. But it's cool, go and blow up aliens in SR4 and quit complaining.

and It's a game, stereotypes don't matter. As long as people don't start believing it as real then it's absolutely fine.

Message 17 of 17 (66 Views)
0 Likes