Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 12 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 2841 posts
Accepted Solution

clickers?

10 replies 418 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

I see many of you calling the infected 'clickers', I was wondering why, because in one gameplay trailer they said the following:

- 'we have a floor to check man'

- 'check for what, I haven't seen a clicker for weeks'

I thought they meant with clicker a pistol or some other gun, but it could be the infected as well, has ND said anything about this, I know it's probably not worth making a thread about, but hey I am just curious and what else do we have to discuss? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Re: clickers?

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Well, everybody is trying to come up with new names for the undead nowadays. The Walking Dead has its "walkers" or "geeks". Every video game and movie we know has "zombies". Resident Evil tried to make things a little different with the "ganados" and such. I guess they're trying to be unique? But why are they called clickers? This, is unknown so far. It's not even on the wiki for The Last of Us! Haha. Take a look: http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/The_Infected

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Jan 12, 2013

werget wrote:

Well, everybody is trying to come up with new names for the undead nowadays. The Walking Dead has its "walkers" or "geeks". Every video game and movie we know has "zombies". Resident Evil tried to make things a little different with the "ganados" and such. I guess they're trying to be unique? But why are they called clickers? This, is unknown so far. It's not even on the wiki for The Last of Us! Haha. Take a look: http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/The_Infected

yeah but here the community calls them clickers, while in the examples you gave it was the developer who named them such, and I was wondering why

anyway thanks for the link, I didn't knew that we would face infected animals as well, sounds awesome :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

I remember that a ND employee confirmed that "clicker" is The Last of Us slang for infected vi Twitter once.

It's probably because they make clicking noises :smileyhappy:

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Because they "click". This was revealed in the ant teaser from 2011 and in the 2012 VGA trailers, right after Joel says "do I need to remind you what is out there?" the clip of the clicker's shadow, you can distinctly hear a clicking like noise.

I can't wait to find out more about them, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jan 13, 2013

''click click'' i think im infected

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11069 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Clickers... well that's different.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (303 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I see many of you calling the infected 'clickers', I was wondering why, because in one gameplay trailer they said the following:

I thought they meant with clicker a pistol or some other gun, but it could be the infected as well, has ND said anything about this, I know it's probably not worth making a thread about, but hey I am just curious and what else do we have to discuss? :smileyvery-happy:

Clickers is slang for the Infected 

Untitled.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Jan 14, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Clickers is slang for the Infected 

Untitled.jpg

ok, thanks!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 20, 2013

They are real on Facebook :smileyvery-happy:

clickers.jpg