Jun 12 2013
By: GhostlySnipes Lombax Warrior 232 posts

Your gender and skin change?

61 replies 4708 views Edited Jun 12, 2013
So according to multiple videos and people, your multiplayer skin and gender changes if your character dies. So basically it's just like COD? No offense to anybody on the forums or no racism intended, but I want to customize a character who looks and wears the same things like me. A tall, white, brown haired guy.
I don't mind playing as a girl, or black dude, or an Asian dude or a brown dude or a mixture of any, I just feel like more customization towards the characters is better. This kinda hurt me inside but this definitely won't stop me from buying this game.
YOUR THOUGHTS?
Message 1 of 62 (4,708 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Your gender and skin change?

Jun 12, 2013

I don't mind playing as any character to be honest... I wonder if you can play as a female in the Hunters faction. Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 62 (4,683 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
810 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I agree, more customization is fun and the amount of customization in games lime CoD and BF is really poor...I hope that other devs will do better in the upcoming next gen...the trend is play/create/share and we still can't really do an actual avatar that ressemble us in 99% of games!  : /

With that said, I shared my idea on the subject in the other topic.  The characters are all differents in each life to go with the overall "survival" theme...and the "meta-clan"...

Message 3 of 62 (4,660 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 12, 2013
I also like to customize my character. If this is the case, I will not be playing MP.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 4 of 62 (4,655 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:
I also like to customize my character. If this is the case, I will not be playing MP.

Same. I'm not always"racist", only sometimes. I would just like to play as someone I can create. It makes the game much better.

Message 5 of 62 (4,647 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 12, 2013
I hope that we can choose. I want my player to look like me.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 6 of 62 (4,643 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Jun 12, 2013

GhostlySnipes wrote:
So according to multiple videos and people, your multiplayer skin and gender changes if your character dies. So basically it's just like COD? No offense to anybody on the forums or no racism intended, but I want to customize a character who looks and wears the same things like me. A tall, white, brown haired guy.
I don't mind playing as a girl, or black dude, or an Asian dude or a brown dude or a mixture of any, I just feel like more customization towards the characters is better. This kinda hurt me inside but this definitely won't stop me from buying this game.
YOUR THOUGHTS?

I don't play cod but that's a first person shooter so looks don't really matter, I don't see why we can't just customise our characters, it's bad enough that we can't even play as any single player character, we have to play as nobodies in silly yellow/blue rain coats. 

Also not to go off topic put there are plenty of games with brown haired white guys, so cry me a river. Multiplayer is a chance to not play as the generic white male playable characters. 

Message 7 of 62 (4,639 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jun 12, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Same. I'm not always"racist", only sometimes. I would just like to play as someone I can create. It makes the game much better.

What are you talking about? Do you even know what that word means? 

Message 8 of 62 (4,635 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 12, 2013

pandasftuw wrote:

GhostlySnipes wrote:
YOUR THOUGHTS?

I don't play cod but that's a first person shooter so looks don't really matter, I don't see why we can't just customise our characters, it's bad enough that we can't even play as any single player character, we have to play as nobodies in silly yellow/blue rain coats. 

Also not to go off topic put there are plenty of games with brown haired white guys, so cry me a river. Multiplayer is a chance to not play as the generic white male playable characters. 

How much of a river are we talking about? Just let me play as Marcus Fenix and I'm all good! That's me anyway, except brown hair.

Message 9 of 62 (4,634 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 12, 2013

pandasftuw wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

What are you talking about? Do you even know what that word means? 

It's more of an inside joke between me and NobleSquirrel.

Message 10 of 62 (4,632 Views)
0 Likes