PlayStation MVP
17518 posts

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 28, 2013
The fact that they really aren't "human" anymore kinda allows ND to do such a thing in this game.

Plus, you're technically killing female "enemies" in UC MP already.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 58 (240 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7287 posts

Jan 28, 2013
This whole discussion is about survivors though DAG

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 58 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17518 posts

Jan 28, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
This whole discussion is about survivors though DAG

My point still stands, though. :smileywink:

I suppose female survivors are possible. Of course, it's all in ND's plan to do what they want at this point.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 58 (235 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Female infected are in. Female survivors would be a nice touch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 58 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I dont see why people think its not ok to blast female enemies heads off. How in the world is the bad? As people stated above, there are games that have female enemies you have to kill. Heck, couldn't you already do those things in GTA? What is TLOU about again? 

"The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarntine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law". 

The main objective in the game is to survive, not to go kill as much female enemies as possible for the sake of it. The enemies would most likely be diverse and last time I checked females are apart of this society so the probability of females being infected or just an enemy is high. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 58 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I'm replying before I read the entire thread, but I do plan on going back and finishing up.

While it would tear at me to have to kill a 'well created' and 'well acted' woman in a game, I can imagine the element it would add.  Imagine a scenario in which a desparate female survivor, barely a scrap of meat left on her bones, has Ellie hostage with a broken bottle to her neck.  Now, hopefully you could talk her out of it, but what if that seems like a poor choice, a waste of time?  What if you have to kill her in order to save Ellie, and the game makes you feel as if you only have a couple of seconds to make that choice?  If you don't act, Ellie is dead, so many players whip out their pistol and take the shot.  Ellie and the woman both scream, one a far worse sound than the other emitted, and Ellie is freaked by having the woman's blood on her.

It would be horrific, but in a good way.  I know I would be shaking my head with an awesome termor and would claim TLOU as something that touched me emotionally like most games are unable.  I'm not saying I necessarily want this, but I believe TLOU to be a game that finally has the opportunity to explore these kinds of intense, horrorible situations.  It's about time a game did too.  Bioshock got a ball rolling that almost no other game has helped push.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 58 (171 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Jan 30, 2013

reminds me of that time in INFAMOUS2  if youve played it, at the very end you have to kill ZEKE(your best bud) (sorry if your playing it now, but it has been 2years) 

i hink i left the room for like half an hour because i didnt want to do itand when i did i just closed my eyes and did it LOL

i sugest getting it if you havent, but now ive ruined the end you might not want to lol

ON-topic , i think women survivors would be controversial because look at shows like WALKING DEAD in their group theres 1 girl that helps out, but any other group you see are all guys   so the occaisional gun-wrestle and you push her off onto a wall and knock her unconcious would be the most ND would do, especially with the amount of detail and blood in TLOU.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 58 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 30, 2013

minimur12 wrote:

reminds me of that time in INFAMOUS2  if youve played it, at the very end you have to kill ZEKE(your best bud) (sorry if your playing it now, but it has been 2years) 

i hink i left the room for like half an hour because i didnt want to do itand when i did i just closed my eyes and did it LOL

i sugest getting it if you havent, but now ive ruined the end you might not want to lol

Spoiler tags, man. I actually just finished Infamous 2 yesterday, and I'm glad I did before I looked at your post.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 58 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 30, 2013
sorry, im on my vita (dont judge me, i saved up fir it lol:smileyhappy: ) and im not sure how to do it,
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 58 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

minimur12 wrote:
sorry, im on my vita (dont judge me, i saved up fir it lol:smileyhappy: ) and im not sure how to do it,

Don't think there's a real way to do it, but a nice text warning like *SPOILERS* would work. No harm done though.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 58 (123 Views)
0 Likes