Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 5, 2013

i played a game where the woman had a gun, i pulled out my gun, she said wait hold up, then shot me.

i don't mind shooting a woman .  if someone is shooting at me, i shoot back no matter the sex or age and that's how you stay alive !

Message 11 of 58 (572 Views)
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Nobody had an issue shooting women in RE5. I shouldn't see why they would not include women in TLOU. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 58 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Jan 6, 2013
You probably will not fight woman survivors. However, a Game Informer article stated that in the games narrative Tess and Joel were famous bandits that tortured, murdered and stole from people before the events that lead to Joel meeting Ellie.
Message 13 of 58 (523 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Kaloskatoa wrote:

I would not like to blow women's head off with a shotgun. 

Most people would find that  very offensive. 

How is it offensive? People die in videogames all the time... Smiley Indifferent

Hmm... *sniff-sniff*, I think I smell a little sexism in here. 

Message 14 of 58 (512 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Jan 6, 2013

supergamer-45 wrote:

I mean who wouldn't want to blast a woman's fast off with a shotgun in game or a melee beatdown (maybe I'm going a little over the top) Smiley Wink 

LOL.

Message 15 of 58 (511 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I don't know, there could be some takedowns where you hit them with a bottle of beer, push them onto the table, smack their face around...feminists could find a lot of ways to say that those types of scenes look like they are "promoting domestic violence", even though the entire context of the game has not a single connection to the given idea. But at the most, I wouldn't mind seeing female hostiles. Haha.

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 16 of 58 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Jan 7, 2013

supergamer-45 wrote:

I was just wondering if will be any female survivors that you shoot, fight, or whatever. It would a more exciting in my opinion to have female enemies as it could possibly change the dynamics. I mean who wouldn't want to blast a woman's fast off with a shotgun in game or a melee beatdown (maybe I'm going a little over the top) Smiley Wink Even though males would be dominmant in survival it would be unrealistic to have only men. 

no, I don't think it's realistic to have to fight women at all. first off, those man group up and try to survive, but women are more likely to flee (for both the fungus or the survivors), I don't mean with that that women are cowards, not at all, they realise that the only way to make it out alive, is by trying to avoid the problem, they are smarter than men, men are generally proud and believe in 'survival of the fittest', they will just try to survive whatever it costs. But back to the women, we have seen fungus infected women, which is realistic, but we will not see women survivors, that's just not realistic if you ask me

Message 17 of 58 (493 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

π

Jan 7, 2013

Νo. Killing zombie women and women pedestrians in GTA and Dead Island is enough. I don't want to be forced to rip a woman's face off with a shotgun or burn her. That's **bleep** sick.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 18 of 58 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11914 posts

Jan 7, 2013
It doesn't make sense to have a lot of female common enemies. Think of the public outcry

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 19 of 58 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 7, 2013

While having some female enemies would certainly help balance the game's realism, I wouldn't be surpirsed if there weren't any in TLOU. People are so quick to falsely accuse everything of sexism nowadays, so not having female enemies could be a good cover-your-**bleep** move by ND to avoid all the "oh my god this game is promoting domestic violence!" nonsense.

It's not sexist or morally wrong to include females in the slightest, though, so for the sake of realism and variety I hope we see more women in the game.

Message 20 of 58 (463 Views)
0 Likes