Reply
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 17, 2013

I'm not sexist, but having female enemies that you have to fight, would cause an outcry among the audience and the game probably wouldn't get a good reputation. A lot of people would find it bizarre and wrong to beat up, and kill women.

Remember how much whining there was (still is) about the swearing in this game? Some people are not going to buy it simply because of the language.

Now if ND can find a way to implement female enemies where you're not fighting them the same way you do otherwise, it could work. But replace the enemy in the "shotgun to the face" sequence with a female, it would be very wrong and bizarre in most people's eyes.

 

On another note, it wouldn't be realistic, since, generally speaking, men are stronger and more physically capable than women are, so a female survivor wouldn't be out fighting other survivors.

 

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 31 of 58 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 20, 2013

I don't see how that would be unrealistic at all. What WOULD be unrealistic is if there were NO women in this game that you have to fight. I really don't fallow your line of logic here, but I'm trying to understand it. How is killing a woman any more terrible than killing a man in game? Doesn't that sort of de-value men? 

Its a post-apoctaliptic game, where you have to claw your way to survivie. That hardens people. People, no matter their gender. 

Message 32 of 58 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/22/2013
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

stentryk wrote:

I'm not sexist, but having female enemies that you have to fight, would cause an outcry among the audience and the game probably wouldn't get a good reputation. A lot of people would find it bizarre and wrong to beat up, and kill women.

Remember how much whining there was (still is) about the swearing in this game? Some people are not going to buy it simply because of the language.

Now if ND can find a way to implement female enemies where you're not fighting them the same way you do otherwise, it could work. But replace the enemy in the "shotgun to the face" sequence with a female, it would be very wrong and bizarre in most people's eyes.

 

On another note, it wouldn't be realistic, since, generally speaking, men are stronger and more physically capable than women are, so a female survivor wouldn't be out fighting other survivors.

 



Your damned sig gets me every time. But I do agree that there would be a public outcry, especially from feminist groups. People have over reacted about smaller things. I think many women in this game will play a smaller side role. We already know that there are women NPC (Tess, Ellie, ect) but we probably wont see them in combat roles unless they are working cooperatively with the player.

Message 33 of 58 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
2047 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 27, 2013

renatabls wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

Nobody had an issue shooting women in RE5. I shouldn't see why they would not include women in TLOU. 


But they had an issue with killing black people in RE5. Smiley Very Happy


The organizations benifiting from the uproar did. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 34 of 58 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 27, 2013

EstraySheep wrote:

I don't see how that would be unrealistic at all. What WOULD be unrealistic is if there were NO women in this game that you have to fight. I really don't fallow your line of logic here, but I'm trying to understand it. How is killing a woman any more terrible than killing a man in game? Doesn't that sort of de-value men? 

Its a post-apoctaliptic game, where you have to claw your way to survivie. That hardens people. People, no matter their gender. 


What would be unrealistic is if there were no women and kids, In a real life situation everyone will be infected. I will love to see different types of people infected.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 58 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 27, 2013

yeah why not have some bad **bleep** women we can fight. you only have to play assassin 111 Liberation where Aveline

butchers men in all kinds of way's.

Message 36 of 58 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
349 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 27, 2013

stentryk wrote:

I'm not sexist, but having female enemies that you have to fight, would cause an outcry among the audience and the game probably wouldn't get a good reputation. A lot of people would find it bizarre and wrong to beat up, and kill women.

Remember how much whining there was (still is) about the swearing in this game? Some people are not going to buy it simply because of the language.

Now if ND can find a way to implement female enemies where you're not fighting them the same way you do otherwise, it could work. But replace the enemy in the "shotgun to the face" sequence with a female, it would be very wrong and bizarre in most people's eyes.

 

On another note, it wouldn't be realistic, since, generally speaking, men are stronger and more physically capable than women are, so a female survivor wouldn't be out fighting other survivors.

 


Agreed, blasting a womens face with a shotgun would be going way too far


Message 37 of 58 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/27/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 27, 2013

I would like to think we have come far enough to have female infected and henchmen, but then I remember everything that happen with RE5. IDK, I'm pretty sure I saw an infected female in one of the trailers, but could be for sure.

Message 38 of 58 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 28, 2013

celtic_wolf92 wrote:

I would like to think we have come far enough to have female infected and henchmen, but then I remember everything that happen with RE5. IDK, I'm pretty sure I saw an infected female in one of the trailers, but could be for sure.


Well by infecting a female, it's officially de-humanized. Brutally illing an infected, ravenous female who was once a conscious human is different than brutally beating and killing a human survivor who is still conscious and just like you. With how "real" this game is going to feel, emotionally, we'll be feeling the impact of killing human survivors regardless. But a female human survivor, that's pushing it. Just IMO. I wouldn't want to blast a female survivor in the face with a shotgun, as has been previously posted. But maybe ND will come up with a way to include female hunters without having you need to absolutely destroy them in the face. lol.

Message 39 of 58 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/27/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 28, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Well by infecting a female, it's officially de-humanized. Brutally illing an infected, ravenous female who was once a conscious human is different than brutally beating and killing a human survivor who is still conscious and just like you.



Good point

Message 40 of 58 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes