Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: Will listen mode be needed to get through the game ?

May 23, 2013

i'll try it off, If the game offers some scares with it off. I'll leave it off forever.

If it offers no scares.. I may aswell use it.

But from what I gathered the game is survival without any horror.. So I'll probably end up with it on.

Message 11 of 15 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 23, 2013
^ yeah I think they abandoned the horror element. :/
Message 12 of 15 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

May 25, 2013

I don't feel like they really went for horror tho, feels more like a tense atmosphere.

And about listen mode they already stated the highest difficulty setting will have it disabled with no way to turn it on, that might be a challenging playthought.

Message 13 of 15 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3508 posts

May 25, 2013

Dubbmentedd wrote:

What I mean is, I want to play this game as Surivival esque as possible. But they would of added the listen mode for a reason ? Or they wouldn't have added it in the first place.

I want to play with it OFF, but I don't want to run into a situation where it is actually NEEDED to not be detected in some places.

What are your thoughts on this, and will you be playing with or without it ??

it's off by default on the hardest difficulty called 'survivor', so it is not impossible to finish the game without listen mode Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
768 posts

May 25, 2013

lvankov wrote:

I don't feel like they really went for horror tho, feels more like a tense atmosphere.

And about listen mode they already stated the highest difficulty setting will have it disabled with no way to turn it on, that might be a challenging playthought.

ANY of the game's various settings (easy, normal, hard) you will have the option to turn listening mode on or off.  :confirmed

Message 15 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes