Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Re: Why are there so many Cuss Words in the Gameplay?

Jul 27, 2012

The rating M for mature does not mean the game is mature it means that if you are going to play this game that you should be mature and understand how to deal with the content in the game. If you cannot handle the violence, course language, or adult  situations in the game maybe you should not play it. If the language bugs you that much DON"T BUY THE GAME! Stop the crying and go get a Harry Potter Lego game or something. People cuss in stressfull situations and this adds a level of realism to the game. Get over it.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 31 of 37 (279 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jul 28, 2012

TUNNELRAT-1972 wrote:

The rating M for mature does not mean the game is mature it means that if you are going to play this game that you should be mature and understand how to deal with the content in the game. If you cannot handle the violence, course language, or adult  situations in the game maybe you should not play it. If the language bugs you that much DON"T BUY THE GAME! Stop the crying and go get a Harry Potter Lego game or something. People cuss in stressfull situations and this adds a level of realism to the game. Get over it.

That's not true. Not every single person is into profanity so stop speaking for everyone in the world.

Message 32 of 37 (261 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 28, 2012

I said "people" not "everyone" so don't go putting words in my mouth.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 33 of 37 (248 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Aug 3, 2012
The F word is possible the most commonly known cuss work history and would be used a lot if the world was dead. I **bleep** hate this thread.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 37 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Foul words add nothing to a game. If the game play is awesome no one cares about whether someone said s_ _t or crap. There's mo reason to drop f bombs. I'm a cop whose worked in Law Enforcement for over 16 yrs and I've heard every foul word you can think of and others u probably never have. Foul mouths don't add anything they just make people sound stupid. I've been in lots of intense hands on knock down drag out situations and have never had to cuss at someone to make them know I'm serious. On top of all that if the game rocks and can get a T rating like PG movies you'll sell more.
Message 35 of 37 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Aug 13, 2012
MWGknight, surely you can see that these enemies are not cops such as your good self. They are terrible, hardened people that have come to thrive in a world without law or rules. Swearing seems to just have become part of their vocabulary under these circumstances.
Message 36 of 37 (183 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Aug 13, 2012

MWGknight wrote:
Foul words add nothing to a game. If the game play is awesome no one cares about whether someone said s_ _t or crap. There's mo reason to drop f bombs. I'm a cop whose worked in Law Enforcement for over 16 yrs and I've heard every foul word you can think of and others u probably never have. Foul mouths don't add anything they just make people sound stupid. I've been in lots of intense hands on knock down drag out situations and have never had to cuss at someone to make them know I'm serious. On top of all that if the game rocks and can get a T rating like PG movies you'll sell more.

If anything this strengthens the argument FOR the foul language. You hear these words every day on the street, so naturally such language is only going to be MORE present after some horrible post-apocalyptic event in which you're fighting to survive against thugs and other crazy people.

Take the bad language out of a game like this and an entire aspect of realism is removed. The words most certainly do matter to the game. If I were playing TLOU and heard an enemy shout "Oh my gosh, that mean man is shooting at me! Holy crap!" I would be laughing at the sheer stupidity of it, and probably would not make it to the end of the game. It does not matter at all whether you think swearing is pointless and stupid.

Message 37 of 37 (173 Views)