Dec 10 2016
By: KINGDOG113 First Son 8 posts

Why all the hate for the Ellie pregnancy theory!?

3 replies 536 views Edited Dec 10, 2016

I just don't understand it . I think people are not thinking it through.  The arguments I keep encountering like " She's gay" or " It wouldn't work mechanically for the gameplay". People here me out. From a story telling perspective a pregnancy has loads to offer. Deeper character development, a stronger sense of urgency, a little bit of hope considering Ellie's immunity may be passed on. I think people overlook the fact that the gameplay itself isn't always canon. Joel and Ellie both can get shot and not die on even grounded mode. Iff Ellie were to be pregnant I'm sure it wouldn't be implemented till very late in the game, towards the end . As for her being gay, well its never been 100% confirmed. Neil Druckmann said her interprets her as a gay character, but that still isn't a clear cut statement. Ashley Johnson was asked about Ellie being gay in an interview and she said she wasn't quite sure. I'm not in denial about her and Riley, but in think there's a chance she could be bi. Rape is on the table too. Marlene even warned Joel about that possibility. Yes Ellie is a great fighter and brilliant escape artist. But she not invincible. A pregnancy could add emotional depth the could possibly match or exceed the first game.  I'm just trying to open peoples minds.

Message 1 of 4 (536 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Re: Why all the hate for the Ellie pregnancy theory!?

Jan 30, 2017

Hey.

Some people hating this theory, because they think that Ellie is a lesbian, based on that what they´ve saw in left behind.

I kinda like your thoughts about this stuff. I was thinking almost the same way as you. I thought that if she was pregnant, she maybe lost her child and therefore she is out for veangence, to discribe it just so. I understand your thoughts about it, due to the fact that it´s never been 100% confirmed that she is lesbian. In the context of left behind, yes, but i don´t think she is a full lesbian. Especially when Ashley Johnson and Bruce Straley gave their statements about that. But that´s not a big part of this topic.

I would appreciate it when they would either build up a story about that in the game, making a comic about a pregnant Ellie, or maybe a comic about Ellie´s mother.

Either way, i can´t wait for the release date. I just love this game and its characters. I don´t want to expect too much, but i hope part 2 could be even better. As long as it´s believable and they´re making a good story i´m happy with it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4 (382 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Mar 6, 2017

KINGDOG113 wrote:

I just don't understand it . I think people are not thinking it through.  The arguments I keep encountering like " She's gay" or " It wouldn't work mechanically for the gameplay". People here me out. From a story telling perspective a pregnancy has loads to offer. Deeper character development, a stronger sense of urgency, a little bit of hope considering Ellie's immunity may be passed on. I think people overlook the fact that the gameplay itself isn't always canon. Joel and Ellie both can get shot and not die on even grounded mode. Iff Ellie were to be pregnant I'm sure it wouldn't be implemented till very late in the game, towards the end . As for her being gay, well its never been 100% confirmed. Neil Druckmann said her interprets her as a gay character, but that still isn't a clear cut statement. Ashley Johnson was asked about Ellie being gay in an interview and she said she wasn't quite sure. I'm not in denial about her and Riley, but in think there's a chance she could be bi. Rape is on the table too. Marlene even warned Joel about that possibility. Yes Ellie is a great fighter and brilliant escape artist. But she not invincible. A pregnancy could add emotional depth the could possibly match or exceed the first game.  I'm just trying to open peoples minds.

@KINGDOG113

Because rape is never cool, especially to one of the two most important characters in the game. That's it. TLOU is already very dark and gritty, i don't think it should be more dark and controlversy anymore.

PlayStation Extended Universe - My Prediction!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PlayStation-Extended-Universe/m-p/45878164#M1180061
Message 3 of 4 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Moderator
6284 posts

Mar 6, 2017

Please make sure a thread is current/active before responding and necrobumping which is against the forum rules. This thread is now locked

Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)
0 Likes