Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Re: Which Team is making the Last of Us?

Sep 17, 2012

What's wrong with the U3 team?? Apart from the MP that is...It's mind blowing how some poeple would actually call U3 bad.

Message 11 of 15 (247 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Dec 9, 2012

BloodyBuddy666 wrote:

Team A is. UDF and UC2 was Team A, UC3 was Team B. Team A didn't make UC3 b/c they're busy with TLOU

Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us. We have all hands on deck as needed for all our games. 

Message 12 of 15 (200 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

BloodyBuddy666 wrote:

Team A is. UDF and UC2 was Team A, UC3 was Team B. Team A didn't make UC3 b/c they're busy with TLOU

Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us. We have all hands on deck as needed for all our games. 

OH SNAP!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 13 of 15 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Regardless, the most important component the writer, the director, and the Lead MP design person.  Different NDI employee of high rank have worked on different games.  Time will tell. 

Oh...and

"Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us. We have all hands on deck as needed for all our games."

Hmm.  Curious.  Did I miss something with UC3?  Druckman/Straley/Scherr ran the show on UC3? 

Let's see...per IMDB here:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3773654/ Druckman is credited with writing on everything BUT UC3 for NDI. 

Hmm.  Curious.  What about Straley?  Per IMDB he's credited with TLOU only.  

Hmm.  Per IMDB Scherr did writing for UDF and UC2, nothing for UC3, and nothing for TLOU.   

I think if you looked into lead MP Developer that you'd find that they were different for UC2 and UC3.

A blanket statement of "all hands on deck" may be true for worker bees at NDI, but not when it comes to directing, writing, and Lead MP design.  If that WAS that case, UC3 would not have turned out the way it did.  And, if I recall, early on in UC3's release, or just before it, wasn't there some stuff posted about UC2 employees that were put on TLOU and were not happy about that? 

Dat communication NDI.  May God have mercy on your souls for such conspicuous lack of vigor and common sense in that department.  Like I've said A MILLION TIMES:  Hire a minster of communication to start getting some honesty and forthrightness in your communications (for the love of Christ). 

Message 14 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I really hate how some people view the UC3 team as incompetant or something. Pretty offensive, and outright stupid considering UC3 is a triple A title. As if making great video games is easy or something.

Also theres no such thing as the "UC2 team" and the "UC3 team". ND split there main (and only) team in two AFTER they finished Uncharted 2. Meaning Uncharted 2 probably had more man power on it's side during development, regardless I'm very satisfied with what UC3 was able to accomplish, **bleep** I'm still impressed to this day. I mean...I truley have to ask if anyone making these claims, has ever actually played a bad game?

"Uuugh, im soooo hungry!! *doesn't realize a third of the world is starving to death*"

A triple A title didn't live up to your ridiculous expectations, aaaah first world problems...

Message 15 of 15 (149 Views)
0 Likes