Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1581 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

Jun 28, 2013
Woah, when did Modern Warfare 4 come out!? Smiley Tongue

But yeah, I agree with your list except I would replace fallout 3 with the original bioshock. And I would also replace COD 4 with gears, so my final list would be:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Last of Us
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Bioshock
5. Gears of War
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 91 of 105 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 1, 2013
The last of us
The walking dead
Tomb raider
Metro last light
Dead space 2

My top three are the emotional and relatable with the last of us being number one, I think this game has made me spoiled from everything to great music to a strong story and 4,5 are survival with is my favorite genre and they keep you interested in the game
Message 92 of 105 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 17, 2015
I am just now seeing this but, why do I not know you personally? Call of Duty 4 is my favorite online shooter of all time. That game started it all for me on the new systems. Before I played The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game of all time, no doubt. The story is just.. Too good. Along with the total atmosphere of the game, the environment, characters, gunplay, just everything was totally phenomenal. And then this game, The Last of Us, came along. It's a constant battle for me when trying to decide which game I like better, I go back and forth. Red Dead didn't grab me emotionally quite like The Last of Us. When I played Red Dead, I was more in awe of the character acting, the soundtrack, and just the morality of events in the game. All of the little things the AI did, the random events, or even the sometimes eerie or psychotic stranger missions, made the game so great. There was so much detail put into RDR. Now with The Last of Us, there are actually moments that make me cry, or even make me feel like I'm such a part of what's happening. From the very first scene with Joel's daughter crying, or when Ellie takes on David in the burning restaurant and Joel comes in trying to calm her down while she's hacking away at David's face, or even the ending of the game, which makes you question whether or not Joel is justified for doing what he did because of his past or whether he's just a selfish **bleep**. We don't see enough of those types of video games these days, the games that move you emotionally. It was something special. Great games.

My list:
1&2(interchangeable): Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us.
3: Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
4: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
5: 007: Goldeneye

Great list.
Message 93 of 105 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 17, 2015

Top 20 somewhere. Could've been top 5  or even top 3 if it was the same game they showed us at E3 some years ago. Too bad it wasn't.

Mass Effect 2, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption and the 2 Mario Galaxy games are probably my top 5 games of last gen.

Message 94 of 105 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2015

What exactly was the Differences in that Demo anyway? There was no crouch sprinting or disarming in the final product, what else did they remove? 

Message 95 of 105 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 18, 2015

Watch this vid.

I'm playing this game on grounded mode now and even there the AI is bad. I still do enjoy this game and I really love the MP, but it's also really dissapointing if you know what it could've been.

Message 96 of 105 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Apr 18, 2015

This is old footage from the Ps3 version way back when it was released. The last of us Ps3 and Remastered Ps4 has had 5 or 6 patchs since then, AI pathing has been repaired to a certain extent and multiple bugs have been repaired. yes the AI still is not Perfect but i have the remastered version and have beaten it 15 times now and have not encountered what i have seen in that video. Besides the AI is awesome the way it is anyway, are you one of these guys who want real life people in your game so you won't be able beat it.

Message 97 of 105 (134 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Apr 18, 2015

Are you kidding me? The AI is still terrible. I'm playing this game on grounded mode and I'm just walking through it. The hardest enemies are actually the runners. They come after you the moment they see you (they're still easy when you're in a large area). But the hunters or whatever you call them (the normal people) just look at you for 4 seconds and still don't notice you. And when they do you just have to run to another spot and stay there for 10 seconds or so.

Go to 4:42 in that vid. That's still how the game works on grounded mode. And I've actually never seen one of those molotov guys throw a molotov at me. So that's still in the game too.

Oh, and I don't wan't the game to be impossible, I want it to be challenging. It seems to me you only like games when they're too easy.

Message 98 of 105 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2015

No i like challenge, i have my trophy's for grounded and grounded mode +, what version of the game do you have? Because honestly alot of the stuff that it shows in this video, i have never experienced it. Except for the enemys that are deaf and some what blind and have a 4 second reaction time before the spot you. As for the bottle throwing guys, they are always throwing Molotovs at me when i am behind cover, enemys locking up and standing there like statues. I never had it happen. But this video is awful and almost showcases a broken game. 

Message 99 of 105 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 18, 2015

I have a ps4 so I'm playing the remastered version.

And don't get me wrong. I really like this game, but you can't deny that it's not the same game ND showed us at E3 back then. 

Message 100 of 105 (111 Views)
0 Likes