Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2013
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

Where do we draw the line?

10 replies 1905 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

This game is going to be fantastic obviously, and I am having trouble reeling myself in sometimes so please tell me at which point have I gone to far:

1: Boarding up my windows with carboard to better improve the "Theater experience"

2: Buying a new headset and tv for the experience. 

3: Spending $180 on the post pandemic edition

4: Asking off work for the entire month of june so to ignore interuptions.

5: Buying a stock pile of 5 hour energies to eliminate the distraction of sleep. 

6: Taking a blood oath to adopt a girl and name her ellie. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (1,905 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18267 posts

Re: Where do we draw the line?

Mar 23, 2013

peartboyz wrote:

1: Boarding up my windows with carboard to better improve the "Theater experience"

This was enough for me. I'm sure TLOU is going to be a good game, but I don't think I'd board up my windows and lock myself in my home for days just to play the game. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (1,899 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Mar 23, 2013
1, 4, 5, 6 are stuff I would draw the line at.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,895 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

4, 5 and 6 are were I would draw the line,, and not do...the other options are either what I've already done (btw the Post Pandemic Edition is $177.60 with taxes in MI), and would do in the very near future...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,888 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Only 6 is going to far imo lol. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3535 posts

Mar 23, 2013

peartboyz wrote:

This game is going to be fantastic obviously, and I am having trouble reeling myself in sometimes so please tell me at which point have I gone to far:

1: Boarding up my windows with carboard to better improve the "Theater experience" Cool, if you're into that. I play in the living room with glare and people everywhere so I ain't got time fo' dis

2: Buying a new headset and tv for the experience. Only fine if your current headset and TV are crappy

3: Spending $180 on the post pandemic edition I just looked it up, and I would say yea that's fine...if it were a bit cheaper, like $120. (I have no experience buying these collectable statues, so I don't know their normal worth.

4: Asking off work for the entire month of june so to ignore interuptions. You have completely erased the line....since you've gone this far, you might as well disconnect your phone and abondon all contact with the outside world

5: Buying a stock pile of 5 hour energies to eliminate the distraction of sleep. I personally take my games very slowly (took me 15 hours to complete Uncharted 3, most ppl took 8.), so just be like me...sleep and play it in the morning, after b'fast :smileyhappy:

6: Taking a blood oath to adopt a girl and name her ellie. Perfectly normal

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (324 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

^Where is it you found The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition for only $120? Even in stores it was $169.99 (before taxes) now it goes for over $400 on ebay!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3535 posts

Mar 23, 2013

loakum wrote:

^Where is it you found The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition for only $120? Even in stores it was $169.99 (before taxes) now it goes for over $400 on ebay!

No I did not find it for that price, I was saying that was what I would pay for it at most.
Keep in mind I have 0 knowledge on the price of collectable statues, which probably brought the price up a lot.
Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 23, 2013

what is strange is that the last of us demo would be offered first to those who purchased god of war ascension and now the demo is available exclusively at Pax east.  Where do you draw the line?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10978 posts

Mar 23, 2013

1. Darkening the windows to keep out sunlight doesn't sound abnormal. You want to capture that quality experience, and if that's the only way to do it then I'd see no problem with that.

2. Buying a new headset and TV just to improve the quality of the game doesn't sound like that's even possible. More like a waste of money... do you really need to lose a lot in order to gain?

3. For $160 GameStop has the Post Pandemic version available. Again, this is a money issue, which I don't believe spending a lot of money on the game for useless things would help make the game better. However, if you're a collector then yeah, getting this edition might make you happy to have the artbook and the statue, if you really want to blow your wad.

4. Taking off work for a month just to play a game is where I'd draw the line. You're endangering your station in life for a video game. Would you rather be able to support yourself or would you rather fulfill the story? Naturally though, you can do both (even though you might not get as much play time still being on the work schedule).

5. Reducing sleep is not something I would recommend. Your body needs to balance itself properly. It would be unhealthy to lose sight of that.

6. If you're planning on adopting a child, then I see no harm in that. You can name her whatever you want, I suppose. However, that may not work as people out there already have names, including anyone you're looking to adopt. If things don't work out with the adoption agency, you can always try the natural way to go about making a baby that you'd want to name after a video game you played that one time.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (244 Views)
0 Likes