MVP Support
1849 posts

Re: What's your plan for getting game?

Jun 11, 2013
Well, at about 10:45 pm thursday I will jump in my car, drive 35 miles to Gamestop, wait till midnight, pick up my copy along with the limited edition guide, go across the parking lot to Wal-Mart to buy some energy drinks, drive another 35 miles back home, rip some plastic, insert game in ps3 and press the X button.
PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat

Message 31 of 53 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 11, 2013

kisuma1 wrote:
Well, at about 10:45 pm thursday I will jump in my car, drive 35 miles to Gamestop, wait till midnight, pick up my copy along with the limited edition guide, go across the parking lot to Wal-Mart to buy some energy drinks, drive another 35 miles back home, rip some plastic, insert game in ps3 and press the X button.

Buy the refreshments first Smiley Wink, saves time.

Message 32 of 53 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Digital download
---

But I have a question.

On the Playstation blog, it was confirmed that the digital download would be a day one midnight release

But when I chec on the PSN Store, it says the game will be available to download at 12:01 PST

That's 3:01 Eastern. So does this mean there's actually not a midnight release for those on the East Coast?

Message 33 of 53 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I live in California and my local Target has the game for sale today. I haven't checked any other stores. I have the Survival Edition on order from Amazon so I didn't pick it up but it is worth checking out if you want it early

Raptr Gamercard
Message 34 of 53 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'm going to be sitting on the doorstep on Friday attached to my lead (its for the mailmans safety) and just sit patiently till I see that glorious man in his Red uniform come to my doorstop and hand me over Last Of Us. 

Message 35 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Get off work - Pick up TLoU - Play the game in one sitting all weekend

Finish the game -> try not to cry -> crying is probably imminent -> cry a lot

Message 36 of 53 (255 Views)
Naughty Paw
10717 posts

Jun 11, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 37 of 53 (250 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'm going to go to sleep and check my mail in the morning.

Probably on Thursday I expect it.

Message 38 of 53 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 11, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

^ Instruction manual included with every copy of TLoU

Message 39 of 53 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2427 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

My girlfriend is buying it for me, so she'll pick it up from Gamestop on her way home from work.  Ill come over in time to eat dinner with her, and then tactfully bid her goodnight.

Once im home in front of the TV, ill take the plastic wrap off, and study every milieter of the packaging and manual. Next, ill equip my Sony Pulse headset and begin the game on Normal.

Cant wait to just take in the atmosphere, story, graphics, et al.

I plan to not touch the MP until I know (from playing SP) if I want to rep the Fireflies or Hunters. Once I have come to a decision, I will be playing lots of Custom games as a way of taking a break from SP, only if necessary.

Only 4 more night my friends.

Gotta update this..so hype

My girlfriend is a genius and actually paid for the preorder in MY name, so I can pick it up myself:

Friday morning my Gamestop opens at 10am (no midnight release). No work on Friday, which means Ill wake up around 9, wash my face, and eat some yogurt. Then, Ill take 50 mg Vyvanse (prescription, of course Smiley Wink )

Ill get to Gamestop at about 9:56am, and pick up my copy of the game as soon as the store opens.

At the first red light I hit, ill take the plastic wrap of and begin pouring over every detail of the packaging. When I get home, ill sit in front of the TV, put my Sony Pulse headset on, and insert the disc.  I will play on Normal, and i plan to spend most of the day playing the game.

Throughout the day ill be dirnking lots of water (healthy and the pee stops break up the game nicely). I also grabbed a Bolthouse Farm veggie smoothie (5 servings of vegetables!) and some way over-priced and delicious Acai Blueberry fruit juice. I dont have much of an apptite for solid food on Vyvanse.

For later in the day, I bought a "pick your own 6 pack" of beer with different craft beers. Looking forward to that. Its possible I may have something green and sticky too, but its too early to tell.

Best part is, my girlfriend is having dinner with her friend, and her friends boyfriend is also gonna be playing the last of us all night. So now the girlfriend will be doing her own thing happy as can be, and ill have a night to myself with TLoU.

so hype

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 40 of 53 (206 Views)
0 Likes