Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

@deviant I was about to post the same thing. @Moony I agr...

Dec 12, 2011
@deviant
I was about to post the same thing.
@Moony
I agree with everything you said except the linear part. I'm not totally sure on this one but I think ND should try for an open-world with urban areas, jungles etc... where you'll see the damage done by the infection overtime.

Also, I said it before and again, I don't want this to be horror, ND should just focus on making us feel like survivors having to struggle to live, making sacrifices and judging from the trailer it seems it's gonna be just like that. Finally, this should have no MP whatsoever.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 21 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

I agree, a full-fledged cooperative experience would be g...

Dec 12, 2011

The_human_DOVE wrote:
Definitely like co-op for the storyline. Would sort of like to see open-world, with some mechanics focused on surviving day-to-day.

I agree, a full-fledged cooperative experience would be great. I haven't played games like "Left 4 Dead" or "Dead Island", but I really believe that there is a market for serious cooperative gaming.

Message 22 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
462 posts

First of all, I don't want to see any kind of horde mode...

Dec 12, 2011
First of all, I don't want to see any kind of horde mode in this one.
I hope that the "fishing fir ammo" thing we see in the trailer will be a major aspect of the game.
I don't want that Joel guy to be another...well...Drake.
I don't want to feel "This is Uncharted with a different setting."
I want to see them struggle for ammo. To make each shot count.
I hope to see them use the enviroments and wits to get through enemies. But not some linear puzzles. More like a room with some enemies, and abunch of stuff you can use to get rid of them. like a loose rock that you can drop on one of them, maybe some place you can trap another, a stick you can use as a weapon... stuff like that.

Not really sure about the open world a lot of you want. But less linearity then Uncharted will be great.

I do like the idea of switching perspectives I saw, maybe it was in another thread.
This could be really interesting to play.
Message 23 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

What I'd really like is a L4D replacement.   or...   Resi...

Dec 12, 2011

What I'd really like is a L4D replacement.

or...

Resident Evil replacement

Resident Evil hasn't been Resident Evil since Resident Evil Zero.. The last true Resident Evil title.

L4D is just non existing on the PS3. So yeah.

Any one of those I'd be extremely happy with. Otherwise I'm happy to give it a chance if it's going to be neither of the above.

As for the feature set:

I'd obviously like it to have a health system similar to Resident Evil/L4D where you pick up extra health... That is all I want though..

Survival game.. If possible I'd prefer horror but survival will do even though they aren't as good.

Message 24 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

I would like this game to have NO HUD or something simila...

Dec 12, 2011

I would like this game to have NO HUD or something similar to that. No world compass, no display of what gun im carrying or the amount of bullets it has (the player should know/keep track of all that in his mind, its cruel i know:smileyhappy:), no button cues about anything, no tutorial whatsoever, and just a small reticule in the center. I feel like this will add something different to player experience.

+============================================================+
Message 25 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

A day and night system but there should be differences be...

Dec 12, 2011

A day and night system but there should be differences between those times. In the day, certain enemies will appear and etc while in night there will be different types of enemies that require a different approach.

Message 26 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

That would be a great idea but I think it could be implem...

Dec 12, 2011

sinta0531 wrote:

I would like this game to have NO HUD or something similar to that. No world compass, no display of what gun im carrying or the amount of bullets it has (the player should know/keep track of all that in his mind, its cruel i know:smileyhappy:), no button cues about anything, no tutorial whatsoever, and just a small reticule in the center. I feel like this will add something different to player experience.

That would be a great idea but I think it could be implemented more as a difficulty setting. So for your idea, it would be the hardest difficulty setting.

Message 27 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Why do so many think this will be an open world game?

Dec 12, 2011

Message 28 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Well, it seems to be like that in the trailer, but most o...

Dec 12, 2011

Tugay100 wrote:

Well, it seems to be like that in the trailer, but most of it is fan speculation. Remember this post is about what we want in the game but may not be in it.

Message 29 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

What I want in The Last of Us

Dec 13, 2011

This game seems like a survival/horror in the trailer soo I guess this what I like to see...

The characters will scavenge for items they need to fend off the crazies. Bring in survival! not shooter!

A nice fear factor in the game. Like Dead Space for example.

Great melee combat with hand weapons, like Demon's/Dark Souls.

As much as I love sandbox/open world games.... I'll be amazed if this game had an open world setting and not linear like Uncharted 3. Eithier way it's interesting how Naughty Dog is gonna take this game to a certain direction.

For main characters don't make them overpowered. Having a hero being completely invincible isn't always interesting. Sometimes  it's better to have the character to overcome obstacles, earn his honor/goals and he's vulnerable at all times.

Message 30 of 35 (39 Views)
0 Likes