First Son
3 posts

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Feb 28, 2013

I just beg Naughty Dog to make the ending palatable. Please don't make me watch all of my hard work be for nothing. I'm so sick of these games being a series of horrid choices culminating in an epic sense of tears and heartbreak. I get it, you want it to be memorable. Well I still remember the end of GOW3, and Phoenix saved the world and got the girl. I loved the story of The Walking Dead, until the end. I don't get why it's so wrong to want to be the hero, and have a great happy ending. You make great characters that I want to survive, so please don't make me watch them die off in some noble horrific way. 

That would be wonderful.

Babble is the speak of the Gods.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 91 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Game Ending Predections *No actual spoilers just speculation* and ai thoughts

Apr 11, 2013

My predicition for the ending is that Ellie will die and Joel will live. It'd be emotional and would be like nothing we've seen before. It'd be like the opposite of the walking dead's ending. Also I wonder how much I'll like Ellie now that I've met Elizabeth from Bioshock Inifinite. Ellie seems to be more techincally advanced but Elizabeth had such a good personality and story. 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 91 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7589 posts

Apr 11, 2013
A meteor will strike the earth unpredictably and all forms of life as we know it.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 91 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

Bill and Ellie are expecting their first child, and they do a dance number (during the credits) like the movie "Slumdog Millionaire". The End.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 91 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2344 posts

Apr 11, 2013

loakum wrote:

Bill and Ellie are expecting their first child, and they do a dance number (during the credits) like the movie "Slumdog Millionaire". The End.

lolwut

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 91 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I think that the current known story (Get Ellie to the Fireflies) is going to have alot of twists and turns. Maybe the fireflies are bad guys and end up hunting Joel and Ellie. Anyway it ends up, eventually Joel will want to stay with Ellie and the game will make you want that to happen too. I think Ellie will get taken or tortured or something. Then after Joel saves her there could be some kind of final stand where Joel makes Ellie run and Joel gives her enough time to get away but dies in his stand. Then maybe there could be a epilouge chapter of Ellie as a grown up.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 91 (141 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Joel was actually a bad guy that had connections with the Fireflies. He and Tess were tasked with bringing Ellie to them for some reason and he comes to realize that he was misguided before and then has to be Ellie's protector because he has grown to love her like a daughter (unlike in the beginning, he just treated her like cargo and protected her because it was his job at the time). The gamer would be unaware of this until Ellie finds out that Joel brought her to the Fireflies willingly and they are bad or something along those lines and he has to redeem himself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 91 (126 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I'm sure it will be something really sad like Ellie killing Joel because he is becoming an infected.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 91 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Happy/My Ending: Joel and Ellie cure the Cordecyps infection and Joel and Tess get married and live happily ever after, becoming Ellie's new parents.
Sad/Expected Ending: Joel becomes infected and fights until his dying breath to keep her safe. Joel dies sacrifices himself to buy Ellie time against raging clickers. Ellie grows up alone in a destroyed world, mourning Joel's memory.
Twist Ending: Ellie is the source of the cordecyps infection. The rebel group "Fireflies" is aware of this and hires Joel to bring her to them. When they arrive, the "Fireflies" kidnap Ellie and knock Joel un-consicious. She is nowhere to be found.
Halo 2/Cliffhanger Ending: Joel and Ellie arrive at the "Fireflies" compound. The doors slowly open, as the screen goes black. To be continued.
TWD Ending: Expect it, people are going to say TLoU copied TWD.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 91 (143 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Joel kills Ellie because she becomes infected and he lives out his days,putting himself down for what he has done and failed to fulfill his promise.

Or... Joel is near to finding a cure for the infected and is an science contamination lab with ballistic glass and hundreds of infected are trying to break in,he than tells Ellie to escape with the remedy via an vent. As Ellie leaves,Joel opens up a frag grenades and tries to kill the remaining infected,Ellie than appears at the Fireflies hideout with the remedy. (Props to you if you get the reference)
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 91 (126 Views)