Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
769 posts

Re: Was new gameplay shown in the IGN Livestream yesterday?

May 25, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I wouldn't say as good or as intense. Because Neil Drukmann was being interviewed, which makes it hard to hear what is happening in the demo, and also Bruce Straley just kicked a hunter's butt, like latterly. But the AI was excellent, the enemy AI flanked Bruce a lot, and sometimes they surprised him, but Ellie pointed out where the hunters were. And Ellie didn't just follow him around, she moved at the right time. And on the second playthrough Bruce tried to be stealthy, but the hunters spotted him. Animations were great, very fluid in my opinion.

And Bruce died once when they surrounded him. I think the humans are going to be harder than the infected.

Same here. I think running is going to be my strategy more often than not. Could you imagine coming across that rare survivor with an automatic rifle? NO.

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

I am going to be stealthy most of the time. Because I love tension. I will try to take out the hunters one by one, knowing I will be dead instantly if they once spot me.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

May 25, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I wouldn't say as good or as intense. Because Neil Drukmann was being interviewed, which makes it hard to hear what is happening in the demo, and also Bruce Straley just kicked a hunter's butt, like latterly. But the AI was excellent, the enemy AI flanked Bruce a lot, and sometimes they surprised him, but Ellie pointed out where the hunters were. And Ellie didn't just follow him around, she moved at the right time. And on the second playthrough Bruce tried to be stealthy, but the hunters spotted him. Animations were great, very fluid in my opinion.

And Bruce died once when they surrounded him. I think the humans are going to be harder than the infected.

Same here. I think running is going to be my strategy more often than not. Could you imagine coming across that rare survivor with an automatic rifle? NO.

Yeah, seeing how well the hunters can plan an attack to overwhelm you just makes me think about the military, imagine how bad hey're going to be.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

May 25, 2013
Oh sh*t, I forgot about the military. I am screwed.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

May 25, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:
Oh sh*t, I forgot about the military. I am screwed.

I'm pretty excited for the military enemies, I remember in an earlier thread a few months ago said that marines will try to flank you (if they do, you're screwed), they're not scared of you even if you have a gun either, and they're going to be harder to fight against in general.

Here's the post I was talking about if you want to check it out: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/More-New-Info-Possible-Spoilers/m-p/39...

Another cool thing that the thread says it that you can see the teeth of your enemies flying out of their mouths in heavy combat! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

May 25, 2013
Thanks for the link. Oh well, I am screwed. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes