I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Totally The Walking Dead

Feb 9, 2013

The Last Of Us has been in development for four years. Did that answer your question?

Message 21 of 66 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Yes, they have been inspired from TWD, so what?

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 22 of 66 (313 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

Infected = zombies. You can spin it however you want, ND. But Walking Dead zombies also came about by virus.

Post-apocalyptic? Check.

More about the "human drama" and the monsters are just on the background? Check.

Scavenging for supplies, limited ammo? Check.

Going from place to place while meeting people on the way? Check.

Raw brutality, gore, and realistic violence? Check.

Survival in any way? Check.

I get that ND doesn't wanna admit it, but it just so happens that they're making a game very similar to the highest-rated cable TV show in the USA today? They expect me to believe that all of this came about from a 2008 BBC documentary, vs. a 2010 ongoing series that has 15+ million household viewers and has exponentially more similarities than a video of an ant being taken over by a virus? Come on. We're not that stupid, ND.

Good luck to this game, and it's going to be a bestseller for sure. But please, it's totally on the The Walking Dead bandwagon.

It is almost impossible to convice you into thinking The Last Of Us is not The Walking Dead, because you simplify everyhting we say. But again The Last Of Us is not The Walking Dead.

Message 23 of 66 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20303 posts

Feb 9, 2013
It's not TWD. You might as well say TWD is Resident Evil or Doom.
Message 24 of 66 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Feb 9, 2013

TLOU is Mario because they're both games, TWD is The Simpsons because they're both TV shows, Batman Begins is Citizen Kane because they're both movies and a happy **** you to you, sir.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 25 of 66 (275 Views)
Sackboy
354 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote

When has a zombie entertainment piece ever about the human drama than the zombies? In recent memory, there's only The Walking Dead. Everything out there centers around the zombies.

Rot and Ruin. Its a book. It focuses on the human drama more than the zombies.  Great story, worth a read.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 26 of 66 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I'm sorry but when I see threads of people hating on TLOU in the forums I think of this guy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 66 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

I'm sorry but when I see threads of people hating on TLOU in the forums I think of this guy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a troll post in order to get us going. I mean the the examples he gave for comparison were, as NeVeO said, offensively stupid. I almost hope it was a troll post. lol.

Reminds me of that guy on youtube saying that TLoU is going to suck and that story games like this are bringing the gaming standard down, all the while he's playing a CoD game. I mean come on the irony!!

Message 28 of 66 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Feb 10, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a troll post in order to get us going. I mean the the examples he gave for comparison were, as NeVeO said, offensively stupid. I almost hope it was a troll post. lol.

It's too bad no one wants threads like this to die. Everyone wants a part of it and keeps it going.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 66 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Um. 

Naughty Dog themselves noted that TLOU is their effort to re-imagine the "zombie-game" genre, and to take it in a direction that fans new, and old of that genre will enjoy.  I was never into zombie games.  TLOU is drawing me in because of the story, not because of the background "infected" alone.  Plus, these two -- Eliie and Joel -- have to survive the rest of the survivors too!

Here is a line that lays down some of why it will be interesting to learn more about their story:

Ellie - "How did you know about that?  The ambush."

Joel - "I been on both sides."

Think of how brutal Joel would be without Ellie to bring back his humanity.  Humanity is like a weed living in a World of weed-killer, and that is what is so interesting.  How will that weed survive that World?

2544133150[1].png

Message 30 of 66 (206 Views)