Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: To what extent will the "Dark" themes go?

May 14, 2013
I'm hoping it goes as dark as I can handle and then some!! The Road was severely **bleep**ed up, and everything I've seen from this game is on the same tier as that. I'm sure ND has a few tricks up their sleeves and we will all be shocked at how sinister the world they created will be!
Message 21 of 51 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
520 posts

May 15, 2013

My big doubt is whether or not they will somehow portray sexual violence. Even mentioning the possibility would probably be some scary stuff, specially if you think about Ellie. The Road movie mentions stuff like this and it is one of its dark features.

Message 22 of 51 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

May 15, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

My big doubt is whether or not they will somehow portray sexual violence. Even mentioning the possibility would probably be some scary stuff, specially if you think about Ellie. The Road movie mentions stuff like this and it is one of its dark features.

well..in one of the earlier trailers, when their car crashed into a diner, they did have one dude having Ellie pinned to the ground...it may not be blantant, but it may be implied.

Message 23 of 51 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

May 15, 2013
Rape would be a big fear in a world like this, if ND goes as far as to mention it or not is up in the air, would be funny if the unreleased infected was called the penetrators, and when Joel gets caught he gets severely violated and then killed LOL
Message 24 of 51 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

IGotVds wrote:
and when Joel gets caught he gets severely violated and then killed LOL

Yeah....  

Anyways, it would be odd to overlook any sexual tones in a world like this. Since the game was annouced and I started thinking about the universe. I've thought that there would be some kind of sexual slavery kind of thing when you venture out into the world. 

I Am Alive's hotel level for a reference.  

In the Gamescom trailer, it's shown when Ellie is taken from the truck, she was being kidnapped. It's a nice touch, since it shows what a sick twist has happened to the world. 

It makes me want to beat the living  sh*t out of the Hunter's even more. Not saying that it should be a repeated event that Ellie is sexualized in that way to evoke an emotional response. But, every once and a while is a nice touch for sure.  

Theme's like this are the darkest for me. All the stuff metioned before is horrible, but I've somehow become de-sensitized to it. But, sexual themes and taking advantage of women still extremely bothers me. 

I hope I've conveyed my thoughts properly. It's early. Don't want to come off as "Oooh yeah, I want Ellie to get kidnapped all the time".

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 25 of 51 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 15, 2013

IGotVds wrote:
would be funny if the unreleased infected was called the penetrators

I don't even

Nate3963 wrote:

IGotVds wrote:
and when Joel gets caught he gets severely violated and then killed LOL

Yeah....  

Anyways, it would be odd to overlook any sexual tones in a world like this. Since the game was annouced and I started thinking about the universe. I've thought that there would be some kind of sexual slavery kind of thing when you venture out into the world. 

I Am Alive's hotel level for a reference.  

In the Gamescom trailer, it's shown when Ellie is taken from the truck, she was being kidnapped. It's a nice touch, since it shows what a sick twist has happened to the world. 

It makes me want to beat the living  sh*t out of the Hunter's even more. Not saying that it should be a repeated event that Ellie is sexualized in that way to evoke an emotional response. But, every once and a while is a nice touch for sure.  

Theme's like this are the darkest for me. All the stuff metioned before is horrible, but I've somehow become de-sensitized to it. But, sexual themes and taking advantage of women still extremely bothers me. 

I hope I've conveyed my thoughts properly. It's early. Don't want to come off as "Oooh yeah, I want Ellie to get kidnapped all the time".

No I saw what you were saying, I'm with you on it being the darkest theme possibly. Seeing Ellie pinned down would be enough for me to kick that dude to sleep. I've always thought it would be interesting if the hunters said things while they were hunting Joel and Ellie down.

"Find this **bleep** but keep the girl alive" - enough to provok me to stay alive for Ellie's sake.

Message 26 of 51 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 15, 2013

Good to hear I'm not alone on this. Yeah, if there is something like this in the game... 

Ooooh, I'll be taking my time. Maybe set a couple mines down. Or, just beat the crap out of everyone hand to hand. 

Solve our problems with fisticuffs like real men.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 27 of 51 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

May 15, 2013

No, it's the truth. Making a fried chicken joke about him is racist

Message 28 of 51 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

May 16, 2013

tlou.jpg

Joel does not look happy. 

The Last of Us Is Out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 51 (227 Views)
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

May 16, 2013

^ Oh wow I never noticed Ellie was being pinned, I just thought the guy had been weakened and Joel was finishing him.

@Nate3963 - Oh yeah man, I know what you mean. It'd give me that much more a reason to have to beat them senseless. Heck I feel like that when people put their bags next to them on the train and don't let you sit. Man I hate them, we're living in a society here people!

Hence the Australian R18+ classification there may be some kind of rape themes implied.No doubt it would happen in a wold like that, just not right in front of us though. However we already know here in Aus how much they over-react when making a classification, so it could be something really minimal.

Message 30 of 51 (220 Views)
0 Likes