Jan 25 2013
By: NazzyQ Hekseville Citizen 322 posts
Accepted Solution

There's more to the Infected than you think! (Info)

[ Edited ]
30 replies 552 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/01/25/23-games-to-watch-out-for-in-2013/13/#galler...

We couldn’t be hotter for The Last Of Us if we played it in a sauna at the bottom of a volcano, and talking to creative director Neil Druckmann has only intensified that feeling. “Here’s a big secret about the game no one else knows: there’s more than one kind of infected.” So we’ll be fighting not just survivalists, but more than one type of zombie-fungus-mutant abomination? Happy apocalypse, guys. Thankfully in your downtime the game will also feature the team’s class-leading approach to storytelling: “When gameplay, narrative and art work together, you can affect players in a way that is impossible to achieve in any other medium.” Coming from Naughty Dog, we believe it.

What are your thoughts guys?

photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 1 of 31 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: There's more to the Infected than you think! (Info)

Jan 25, 2013

Personally, what I am most interested in is how common the infected are, or how long it takes for us to encounter them. So far, in the gameplay that has been shown, we haven't seen any infected yet, and they have only been mentioned in game once or twice. I would love to see some gameplay that involved Clickers, and some explination of how we know when they will be around. It would also be nice to know if they can be avoided, or if their detection abilities make it a requirement to take them out.

Message 2 of 31 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Well, Neil Druckmann says you'll encounter humans more often than the Infected. Using the Infected sparingly is a good way to ensure you don't get 'desensitised' to their presence and not fear them anymore.
Message 3 of 31 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jan 25, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
Well, Neil Druckmann says you'll encounter humans more often than the Infected. Using the Infected sparingly is a good way to ensure you don't get 'desensitised' to their presence and not fear them anymore.

Agreed, though I'm not sure about there being more then one type of infected, also if you encounter more humans then infected then I'm guessing their's not going to be a lot of infected out there, so I'm hoping they're strong, otherwise the military could've taken them out.

Message 4 of 31 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 25, 2013

iqbal64255 wrote:

NazzyQ wrote:

Agreed, though I'm not sure about there being more then one type of infected, also if you encounter more humans then infected then I'm guessing their's not going to be a lot of infected out there, so I'm hoping they're strong, otherwise the military could've taken them out.

I think it would be great if the other variation of these creatures was a sort of a 'halfway stage' between human and Infected. These 'hybrids' would still retain human intelligence and speech, but the agony of the infection makes them extremely aggressive and unpredictable. But If they retain some trace of humanity, would you feel guilty about taking them down?

Message 5 of 31 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Jan 26, 2013

More than 1 type of infected?! I cross my fingers and hope they don't go the Left 4 Dead route with big tank like infected, acid spitting, pouncers and all that other nonsense just a little different than them. Oh God.. Smiley Sad What if they meant like women, men, and... kids? That would be unheard of. I doubt it though.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 31 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 26, 2013

The kid ones would be crazy, could you imagine the little **bleep** scurrying around on all fours? My guess, though, is that it is just different levels of infection.

Message 7 of 31 (409 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I meant like teenage kids but yeah your guess seems more appropriate.
Message 8 of 31 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 26, 2013

On top of that, it could also be the type of person infected, from civilians which would be easy to kill, to bandits, to infected military personel who would be the hardest, because they would have been wearing body armor when they died.

Message 9 of 31 (392 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I sure hope that's what they meant.
Message 10 of 31 (373 Views)
0 Likes