Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 14 2013
By: Glockist1 First Son 13 posts

The Last of Us sequel

26 replies 589 views Edited Aug 14, 2013
Ok, before anything else, I would like to say that this here is one hell of a great game. I haven't played a great game like TLOU for ages. But honestly, I'd like to focus more on the story rather than the gameplay. I wanted to zoom right past every wave of enemies and puzzles just to get a move on with the story every time. Now, I've been searching for quite some time now. It turns out that there are a lot of us who really loved the plot of TLOU and the amazing chemistry between Ellie and Joel. I really think that they are the key to the game's success. Naughty Dog MUST keep these two characters for the next sequel, and they better make the ending more concrete. I appreciate what NG has done but to see how a perfectly good game didn't reach it's climax due to some confusions with the story. Believe me I love the storyline. It's just spectacular. I hope that NG would be able to keep up the good work and provide us with more interesting plots without having to see any of the two main characters die. Keep it up NG, we want to see more of Ellie and Joel in the sequel. .
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (589 Views)
Wastelander
805 posts

Re: The Last of Us sequel

Aug 14, 2013

Glockist1 wrote:
...Keep it up NG, we want to see more of Ellie and Joel in the sequel. .

It is not fair that you claim to speak for all of the community.  Your thread should conclude with "I want to see more of Ellie and Joel in the sequel."

*Minor story spoilers below

As many feel the same way about the game as you do, I would imagine that another game in the franchise, whether a sequel or a game with different characters set in the same universe, would be well received.  But what themes and ideas do we still have yet to explore with Joel and Ellie?  How could Naughty Dog make a sequel without retreading the same "Ellie is immune to the cordyceps but Joel is selfish and wants to keep her as a replacement for his daughter" theme which has already been explored thoroughly? 

I love The Last of Us, but Joel and Ellie's story is over and should remain a great stand-alone narrative.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

Can't agree with this.

For me, the ONLY way The Last Of Us 2 would work is with Joel and Ellie.

I couldn't play TLOU 2 without this Chars, where i falled so deeply in love.

There is so much story left in between these 2.

And yes - i really would love to see more about them.

Anyways, i have to say also that we should wait and let ND some time to get some new ideas.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 15, 2013

Mylo_Cordana wrote:

Glockist1 wrote:
...Keep it up NG, we want to see more of Ellie and Joel in the sequel. .

It is not fair that you claim to speak for all of the community.  Your thread should conclude with "I want to see more of Ellie and Joel in the sequel."

*Minor story spoilers below

As many feel the same way about the game as you do, I would imagine that another game in the franchise, whether a sequel or a game with different characters set in the same universe, would be well received.  But what themes and ideas do we still have yet to explore with Joel and Ellie?  How could Naughty Dog make a sequel without retreading the same "Ellie is immune to the cordyceps but Joel is selfish and wants to keep her as a replacement for his daughter" theme which has already been explored thoroughly? 

I love The Last of Us, but Joel and Ellie's story is over and should remain a great stand-alone narrative.

We've gotten to know Joel & Ellie, so if there was a sequel it should include them, or at least either one. If there was no way to put them both in a sequel, I would prefer Ellie then (with a new character -- not necessary to have a new character though in my opinion).

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 15, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

Can't agree with this.

For me, the ONLY way The Last Of Us 2 would work is with Joel and Ellie.

I couldn't play TLOU 2 without this Chars, where i falled so deeply in love.

There is so much story left in between these 2.

And yes - i really would love to see more about them.

Anyways, i have to say also that we should wait and let ND some time to get some new ideas.

Of course you can have TLOU 2 without Joel and Ellie. Their story is told, but a whole world remains with infected and survivors. There are endless possibilities for a sequel without them.

Needing an explicit ending is a very western attitude. I prefer leaving things open so each person can imagine his/hers own ending regarding the characters.

Editor/Organizer
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (483 Views)
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 15, 2013
It's just my opinion, and however for me, the Story about them isn't yet complete for me. there are a lot questions Open for me.
Just the Story about the Cure is told and has a end. Don't really need a complete new storyline in the same Universe. And if they go this way with a complete new set of Chars in TLOU 2 then i quite Hope they continue the Story about Joel and Ellie via a VITA Game.
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (458 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013
Obviously, you cant see what ND was trying to do here. They left us with so many questions with a great game to make us literally salivate on would be announced sequels. Although I can see that, I am totally buying it. I'm quite faithful that they will make a sequel, it will feature the old characters and I together with all of those who appreciated the original game will BUY it. BTW, Ellie and Joel's story is far from over. There are a lot of questions left. We're not sure if Ellie is actually fine with abandoning their former mission. ND may or may not capitalize on that and make a plot wherein Ellie would run away and Joel must find her as he goes through another deep sh*thole. Another question would be if Ellie is going to turn or not. Her bite does seem to be getting worse. And as for one more question, are they really safe in Tommy and Maria's little stronghold. See, there are a lot of options to choose from if NG decides to dwell on Ellie and Joel's storyline again.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (455 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 15, 2013
I'm convinced. =) You're actually disagreeing with a concept that you also keep hold on to. It is an attestation to your incapacity with the language. Don't worry though, I'm glad that you're also looking forward to a continuation of TLOU's story.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

Well, what i really want to know is,

what the hell is going on with Joel and Ellie now?

I mean, happy living til the end to their Lifes @tommys dam?

I don't think so.. And what i really missed,

and i know hardcore-gameplay fans will bash me now..

Joel and Ellie had never a short time to rest.

What they are doing if they have break?

How can they have some sleep and still be protected?

Joel and Ellie weared in 4 Sessions 4 different clothes,

i mean what about have some Shower.

I know its a videogame and not the Sims,

most want just to shoot enimies and have quick gameplay,

but this Game tried to be almost realistic,

i'm just currios how they do the things you have to do in your Life while you travel.

(Eating, sleeping, ect..) and by this realistic stuff,

i don't see why Joel and Ellie can't continue to travel truth the country to manage new s*it coming up...

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (437 Views)